Carli Front End Upgrade Dodge Ram
To check current pricing on Carli Suspension products, please visit our online store, where we regularly feature product specials, reduced- and free-shipping deals, and an easy-to-navigate interface to help you quickly find the products you need.
Has the steering on your Dodge Ram lost that tight feel? It is very common for the front end of these Dodge heavy trucks to loosen up after seeing some miles. Daimler-Chrysler has sent out many Technical Service Bulletins regarding excessive play in the O.E.M. pan-rod bar and weak performance in the O.E.M. steering stabilizer. You may also hear from your dealer that there is an allowable amount of play in the upper ball joints before they need to be replaced. We have seen hundreds of trucks pass through the shop with any or all of these problems. Symptoms may vary from a slight shutter in the steering wheel to the dreaded death wobble. Here is the Solution to the Front End Steering issues which plague the Dodge Ram Trucks
Part No: CS-FEU
- 2003 - 2010 2500 / 3500 4x4
- 2006 - 2010 1500 Megacab 4x4
The features of the Carli Suspension Dodge Ram Front End Upgrade Kit are:
- Extended Service Life
- Aggressive Off-Road Durability
- Full Rebuild-able Components
- More Precise Steering
- Life of the Vehicle Components
Why the Carli Suspension Dodge Front End Upgrade Kit works - The reason that the Dodge Front End Upgrade Kit will make such a dramatic improvement is because we replace the 3 most problematic components in the front end:
1. The O.E.M pan-rod bar which has vulcanized rubber bushings on both ends. The rubber bushings are prone to breakdown over time which will cause excessive side-to-side movement of the front axle. Our Adjustable Pan-Rod Bar has a 3/4" chromoly rod end with a 7/8" threaded shaft at the axle end, and a heavy duty Delrin bushing at the frame end. This will eliminate any unwarranted movement from the axle and holds a much longer service life.
2. The O.E.M. steering stabilizer is what is called an "oil shock". This means that there is no gas pressure to create resistance when cycling the shock. This type of stabilizer is limited to how much dampening it can provide. Carli Suspension has created a High Mount Steering Stabilizer which uses an Internal Floating Piston (IFP).This style stabilizer which has a separate chamber to house the nitrogen gas keeping it separate from the oil. This makes the Carli High Mount Steering Stabilizer much more effective when reacting to sudden direction changes and "steering shimmy". The Carli stabilizer is also 100% rebuild-able.
3. The O.E.M. upper ball joint (actually a "pivot joint") uses a soft internal bronze bushing as the lubricant between the pin and the cup. The internal bushing can only tolerate a certain amount of load before it deforms and creates space for the pin to move laterally. The Carli Suspension Heavy Duty Upper Ball Joints are a 2 tiered design machined out of 4130 chromoly and heat treated to our specified hardness. This gives more than 100% more surface area for the ball joint to distribute the load. Carli eliminated any sort of bushing by using a dry aerospace type lubricant which is applied by machine. Carli Suspension has also incorporated internal grease ports for the grease to distribute evenly through the whole assembly.
" Upgrade your Dodge Ram front end with Carli Suspensions Lifetime Components"
Carli | Front End Upgrade | Dodge Ram