Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump
To check current pricing on FASS products, please visit our online store for FASS fuel pumps, where we regularly feature product specials, reduced- and free-shipping deals, and an easy-to-navigate interface to help you quickly find the products you need.
Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump
Cummins missed the boat on the design of their lift pumps on the 5.9 ISB powered trucks. Frequent failures have left owners of these trucks with the question in the back of their minds - "When will it quit on me?" Some owners have had multiple failures on stock trucks and carry a spare in case of another failure. Read Below how the FASS DDRP is the answer.
FASS has the solution to this continuous problem. FASS introduced the FASS DDRP 02 - The FASS engineers realized that some customers did not need the full benefits of the more expensive FASS high-performance FUEL AIR SEPARATION SYSTEMS, not to mention the added installation time that is required.
The FASS engineers also realized that customers wanted a simple bolt on system that required minimal installation time. In the fall of 2008, they introduced a direct replacement fuel transfer pump for ‘98.5-‘02 truck owners.
Diesel Direct Replacement Pump for the Cummins 5.9L motors. If you're not ready to invest in a full FASS system, FASS now makes a replacement fuel pump that mounts in the stock location and connects to the stock fittings and connectors. Installation time for the FASS DDRP 02 is dependent upon where your lift pump is installed on your vehicle.
Installation times of the FASS DDRP 02 range from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. In this time range you can eliminate the worry associated with the stock lift pump and vastly increase the reliability of your truck.
The FASS DDRP 02 also increases fuel flow by up to 33% above and beyond the capabilities of the OEM lift pump. If you're still running the OEM lift Pump you're running on borrowed time. Now is the time to upgrade to a FASS DDRP before you're left stranded on the side of the road.
The FASS DDRP 02 also comes with a 4 year warranty (if you register your pump - 1 year if not registered). The FASS DDRP 02 is available for $275.00 which is not a lot to pay for the peace of mind you get with a dependable lift pump. Eliminate the weakest link in your Cummins 5.9L fuel system today by installing the FASS DDRP High Performance Diesel Fuel Pump.
Signs of Lift Pump Failure on the Cummins 5.9 ISB.
The VP44 injection pump is designed to be fed by the lift pump for proper pressure and lubrication. Unfortunately when the lift pump fails, the injection pump will continue to draw fuel through the lift pump under vacuum. Normally you can tell little or no difference in the engine operation when this happens. However, when the truck loses power under load this is a sign of the pending lift pump failure. The VP44 injection pump cannot handle this loss of fuel pressure.
The injection pump will eventually be unable to achieve the fuel demand from the engine ECM, causing the engine to derate and feel extremely underpowered. At this time, the injection pump will either need to be rebuilt or replaced. It is best to address this problem immediately by installing the Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump . Installing the Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is much less expensive then replacing the VP 44 and the injectors. VP 44 replacement is very expensive and not at all enjoyable.
Prevention Techniques for Cummins 5.9L Lift Pump Failure
The best way to prevent Cummins Lift Pump and Injection Pump Failure is to monitor your fuel lift pump pressure.
This can be done two different ways:
- Install a manual gauge.
- Install a sending unit to run an indicator light.
By installing one of these 2 measures you can see that you have lost fuel pressure, and can have the problem repaired before you ruin your VP44 injection pump. The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is designed to work as an OEM replacement Lift Pump on the following trucks powered with the Cummins 5.9L:
- Freightliner MT 45 Series - Cummins 5.9L ISB Diesel
- Freightliner MT 55 Series - Cummins 5.9L ISB Diesel
- Freightliner FL 50 Series - Cummins 5.9L ISB Diesel
- Freightliner FL 60 Series - Cummins 5.9L ISB Diesel
- Freightliner FL 70 Series - Cummins 5.9L ISB Diesel
- Ford F-650 - Cummins 5.9L ISB Diesel
- Ford F-750 - Cummins 5.9L ISB Diesel
This Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is sold with a 4 Year Manufacturers Warranty upon completion of the Warranty registration card by the purchaser. This Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is a superior alternative to the problem Carter Lift Pump replacement. These Lift pump failures are primarily associated with the 5.9 ISB 24V motors. The OEM Cummins Lift Pump is used to transfer fuel from the fuel tank to the injection pump (known as the VP44 injection pump).
The lift pump runs at all times when the key is on and as you probably know it fails. Stop wasting money on the same troubled pump and upgrade to a Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump. The electric lift pump is a Cummins issue, that is common with all Cummins engines running the Carter lift pumps. Cummins has a major problems across the board with electric lift pumps.
You can solve this problem once and for all by installing a Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump in your truck. The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump will provide 23 PSI psi at idle, and no less than 17 psi at wide open throttle (WOT). The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump will provide 89 Gallons of Fuel per Hour (GPH) versus the OEM pumps output of 48 gallons of fuel per hour. There is now better way to preserve the integrity of the VP 44 pump than installing a Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump.
Fuel lift pumps for the Cummins diesel have been an issue since originally installed with the release of the 24 valve ISB. Cummins has changed designs several times in search of creating a more reliable pump, but it is still safest to know what your pressure is at all times.
When replacing the fuel lift pump, make sure that you check your engine serial # first. Some engines (mostly built before 1998.5) have a wiring harness built into the pump. The new FASS DDRP 02 replacement Cummins lift pumps do not have this harness built in. You will need to purchase the harness separately and install along with the new pump (which is very easy to do).
When purchasing your new fuel lift pump, this is not a time to be cheap. It's best to pay now for a quality American Made replacement Lift Pump. Your best quality and price will be to go through an actual Cummins dealer instead of aftermarket or through Dodge. Just contact your local Cummins dealer with your engine serial number, or purchase your fuel pump online.
Read below how this Cummins Replacement Lift Pump can benefit your truck powered with the Cummins 5.9L ISB motor.
For those truck owners that have trucks powered by the Cummins 5.9 ISB motor your lift pump is a source of worry.
Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump benefits:
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is the most reliable and economical solution to the fuel delivery problems of the Cummins 5.9L ISB 24 V motor.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump mounts to the factory supplied bracket
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump provides a 33% increase in fuel delivery rate over the OEM pump design
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump also provides better torque and engine response by insuring a constant reliable flow of fuel.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is protected by a 4 year Warranty upon completion of Warranty Card
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is the only replacement pump available with a 4 year Warranty.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump has a Gerotor that's almost impossible to fail for any reason except for debris ingestion which makes a very efficient positive displacement pump.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump with a Heavy Duty motor that is segregated from the fuel to prolong the life of the motor.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump Heavy Duty Motor uses over sized bearings on the motor shaft to make sure it's well supported.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump Heavy Duty motor provides High Torque to Gear Ratio to Insure Cold Weather Starts.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump motor has more torque than the stock lift pump to ensure you don't have a problem with cold weather starts.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump draws around the same amount of amperage the stock pump does so it can make use of the wire harness.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is strong enough to push B-20 and B-50 Fuels in the warmer months of the year.
- The Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump is capable of flowing up to 89 gallons per hour at 23 PSI.
Cummins 5.9L ISB 24V Replacement Lift Pump