Cummins Common Rail 190 Degree Thermostat With O-Ring
This OEM Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat Kit is for select Dodge Ram trucks with the 5.9L Cummins and 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel engines.
This Cummins 5292744 or Cummins 3954830 190 Degree Thermostat applications:
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2013 to 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 6.7L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2013 to 2015 Dodge Ram 3500 trucks with the 6.7L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2013 to 2015 Dodge Ram 4500 trucks with the 6.7L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2013 to 2015 Dodge Ram 5500 trucks with the 6.7L Turbo Diesel Engine.
The Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat Kit includes:
- Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat
- Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat Seal
- This Cummins Thermostat is an Original Equipment Manufacturer part which is the same part that was made and installed at the factory where the engine was produced.
The Cummins 3954830 190 Degree Thermostat has now been superseded by the new Cummins 5292744 Part Number.
Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Common Rail 190 Degree Thermostat Cross Reference:
- Cummins 3954830
- Cummins 5292744
- Mopar 5086739AB
Replacement OEM Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat and Seal Kit are for the Dodge Ram ISB B-Series Cummins powered trucks.
engine: 5.9L Cummins | 6.7L Cummins
Item Number: Cummins 52927444
Make: : Cummins | Dodge | Ram
Model: 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
Year: 2003 | 2004 | 2004.5 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015
Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 5292744
Product Application: 2003-2007 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 5.9L Cummins, 2013-2015 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins
FAQ: What does the Dodge Ram 190 Degree Thermostat do?
The Dodge Ram Cummins 190 degree Thermostat allows low-temperature coolant from the radiator into the engine to keep the operating temperature within a predetermined range.
What are the warning signs that you may have a defective thermostat?
The warning signs that you're operating a Dodge Cummins 5.9L or 6.7L with a bad thermostat is the inability to generate engine heat or the operation of high engine coolant temperatures. These are signs the thermostat is now stuck in the open or closed position. A defective thermostat will cause the engine to operate below the correct operating temperature or overheat.
What is the best advice on how to correct these symptoms?
If you are currently experiencing any of these symptoms its time to replace the Cummins 3954830 / Cummins 5292744 190 Degree Thermostat yourself in order to alleviate this issue.
What if I choose a lower-priced Thermostat?
The use of a less expensive thermostat is a prime example of you get what you pay for. The Cummins turbo diesel is designed for peak operating performance when it runs at the correct operating temperature. We have had many customers purchase the OEM Cummins thermostat after learning this lesson.
Part Number: 5292744
Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!