Cummins Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 4954905
Cummins 4954905 Coolant Temperature Sensor Applications:
- Cummins ISX diesel engines
- Cummins N14 diesel engines.
- Cummins KT diesel engines.
- Cummins B Series diesel engines
- Cummins C Series Diesel Engines.
- 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Diesels
- 2004 to 2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Diesels
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Diesels
- 2015 to 2018 Nissan Titan 5.0L Cummins Diesels
The ECT or engine coolant temperature sensor determines and measures the engine's temperature for proper engine operation and fuel economy. And it can also regulate the vehicle's engine's temperature. This temperature sensor works by measuring the temperature that the thermostat or coolant is giving off.
The Cummins 4954905 Coolant Sensor Supersedes:
- Cummins 3865346
- Cummins 3096153
This temperature sensor is used to monitor the following types of engine fluids across the Cummins diesel engines:
- Engine Coolant
- Engine Oil
- Engine Fuel
This is an OEM Cummins replacement part that is back by the Cummins Warranty.
What happens when your engine coolant temperature sensor fails?
A faulty or failing coolant sensor can occur when the coolant is leaking, causing the temperature sensor to behave erratically. In many engines, a faulty coolant temperature system will trigger a check engine light or service engine light on the dashboard of your vehicle.