Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Boost Pressure Sensor - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
The Cummins 3971106 Replacement MAP Sensor applications:
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels
The Boost Sensor for the Cummins 3971106 5.9L Cummins diesel engines is also known as:
- Boost Pressure Sensor
- Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
- MAP Sensor
NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK - YOUR ORDER WILL SHIP AS SOON AS THE SENSOR IS RELEASED BY CUMMINS!
Your 5.9L Cummins Turbo diesel engine uses a boost sensor / manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor to determine changes in the intake air stream. The boost pressure sensor in a turbocharged engine determines the air pressure in the intake manifold. The Boost Pressure Sensor monitors the speed and airflow pressure in the intake manifold and ensures that the engine remains at its optimum performance level and is receiving the ideal air and fuel supply. These pressure changes are used to indicate engine load, boost, operational elevation, and other pressure variables that enable your ECU to make necessary changes so your diesel can run at peak performance. If your Dodge Ram 24 Valve ISBE Cummins Turbo Diesel truck is experiencing decreased engine performance, it could be the MAP sensor. This is an OEM Cummins Sensor with an oval wiring harness connector. The Boost sensor is located in your 5.9L Cummins intake manifold near cylinder number 5.
Cummins 3971106 cross-reference part numbers:
- Mopar 5139278AA
- Mopar 5093103AA
- Mopar 5093104AA
- Mopar 5139278AA
NOTE: Before you replace the MAP sensor on your 5.9L Cummins engine, check all of the connections and grounds first to see that are good and clean. This OEM Cummins 3971106 MAP Sensor is an electrical component that is Non-Returnable. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.