Cummins 6.7L Crankcase Ventilation Filter CV52001
The Cummins 6.7L Crankcase Ventilation Filter CV52001 is used in the 2007.5 to 2015 Dodge Ram trucks powered with the 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel engine. Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel uses the Crank Case Ventilation Filter or CCV Filter (CV52001) in order to meet the strict emission control objectives. This Dodge Ram CCV Filter is a High Efficiency crankcase aerosol filter designed to provide superior engine and environmental protection from crankcase blow by.
The 2007.5 to current model Dodge Ram trucks with the Cummins 6.7 liter diesels have this Crank Case Vent Filter located on top of the valve cover assembly and under the dress cover. The Dodge Diesel CCV Filter suggested change interval is 67,500 miles or when the overhead message appears. Owners of the 6.7L Cummins now know that changing the Cummins 6.7L Crankcase Ventilation Filter CV52001 at a lower service interval is money well spent. This is the OEM Cummins 6.7L Crankcase Ventilation Filter CV52001 manufactured by Fleetguard which is a division of Cummins.
Because the Dodge Ram CCV Filter breather tube is located next to the turbo inlet we strongly recommend a shorter Cummins 6.7L Crankcase Ventilation Filter CV52001 Crankcase Ventilation Filter change interval.
Features of the Dodge 6.7L Cummins CCV Crank Case Vent Filter
- Fleetguard is the filtration division of Cummins Filtration which manufacturers the crank case ventilation systems use patented technologies to control oil drip and crankcase vent emissions in diesel engines.
- The open crankcase ventilation systems provide superior aerosol filtering of crankcase vent emissions known as blow-by. Blow-by is the result of high pressure gases and oils escaping around piston rings and venting to the atmosphere.
- The Fleetguard Cummins Filter breather CV52001 is a required service item on the 2011 to current model Ford F-550 and F-650 powered with the Cummins ISB Engines .
- Because the FLEETGUARD 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter CV52001 breather tube is located next to the turbo inlet ,use shorter change intervals.A shorter change interval of the FLEETGUARD 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter CV52001 will help minimize oil vapor coating the turbo compressor wheel.
- In the 2007.5 Cummins 6.7L diesel has a new emissions system which no longer vents crankcase gasses to the atmosphere. With the new 6.7L emissions systems they’ve switched to a CCV or Closed Crankcase Ventilation system which contains a FLEETGUARD Dodge 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter CV52001.
By changing this FLEETGUARD CV52001 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter as a part of your regular preventive maintenance you will save time, money and allot of aggravation. Preventing oil vapor from coating the turbo compressor wheel, inter-cooler and all associated plumbing requires this interval to be shortened.
How to change the 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter CV52001?
- Pop the hood and remove the 4 cap screws holding the front cover in place.
- Then remove the oil dip stick (Careful not to brush it up against anything) and then remove the front cover. Replace the dip stick.
- Now remove the 8 cap screws holding the FLEETGUARD 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter CV52001 cover in place. (Remember that the back one on the left has a cable attached to it. To get that out of your way just pull up on the tie.
- Once the 8 cap screws are removed, clean around the oil filler cap, then remove it and lift the cover up and move it out of the way to the left.
- Now reinstall the filler cap.
- Now lift up on the FLEETGUARD 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter CV52001 and remove it.
- Installation of the FLEETGUARD 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter CV52001 is just a reverse of the process.
- Remember to tighten the cap screws in a star pattern like you do a wheel and not too tight. There isn’t a torque spec but when you remove them you’ll notice that they aren’t very tight.
FLEETGUARD 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter CV52001 CROSS REFERENCE:
- Mopar 68002433AA
- Mopar 68002433AB
- Cummins 4936636
The Cummins CV52001 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Vent Filter is one filter you do not want to forget to change!
This Fleetguard 6.7L Cummins CV52001 Crankcase Ventilation Filter is MADE IN THE USA!