Mopar 2009 Dodge Ram Steering Upgrade Kit for 2500/3500 (2003 to 2008)
The Mopar 2009 Dodge Ram Steering Linkage Upgrade Kit for the 2003 to 2008 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 4×4 was released to address the known steering issues covered under the TSB #22-005-06 issued 10/07/2006. As per Daimler Technical Service Bulletin # 22-005-06 On 10/07/2006 For 4×4 Models 2500/3500 “Shimmy On Rough Road After Hitting Bump Or Pot hole” :
- Inspect the Steering Damper for resistance both ways after removing. If the test fails, replace the Damper With new P/n 52106909ae.
- Inspect the Tie Rod Ends for Play of .045 max and the Dust Cover on Tie Rod Ends to see if the dust cover can be rotated by hand. Check if it is free/loose. If the Tie Rod End Cover is free or loose, replace regardless of play. This applies to model years 2003 to 2007.
- Maintain Front Tire Air Pressures at 65 Psi for 235/80R17E and 245/70R17E Tires and 60psi for 265/70R17E and 285/70R17E.
This Mopar 2009 Steering Linkage Upgrade Kit works on the following Dodge Ram trucks:
- 2003 – 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4×4 – Gas and Diesel powered vehicles
- 2003 – 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 4×4 – Gas and Diesel powered vehicles
- 2005 – 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab 4X4
- 2009 – 2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 – Gas and Diesel powered vehicles
- 2009 – 2013 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 – Gas and Diesel powered vehicles
Benefits of Mopar 2009 Dodge Ram Steering Upgrade Kit – Complete Kit
The Mopar 2009 Dodge Ram Steering Kit offers the following notable advantages:
- The new T-type linkage setup is three times stronger than the original factory installed steering linkage.
- The Mopar 2009 Dodge Ram Steering Upgrade Kit as of January 1st 2015 is now backed by a 24 month unlimited mileage warranty from Chrysler!
- The new drag link outside diameter linkage has been increased from 1.25″ to 1.580″.
- Component size has also been increased.
- Improved Dodge steering linkage was released to solve a problem that does not exist.
- The 2009 Steering Linkage connects the two front wheels together eliminating the independent Toe adjustments.
- Reduces the all to common problem of uneven tire wear in your Dodge Ram trucks front end.
Construction of Mopar 2009 Dodge Ram Steering Upgrade Kit
The Mopar Dodge Ram Steering Upgrade Kit for 2003 to 2013 2500 and 3500 trucks includes all of the required MOPAR parts for safe installation:
- 1 – 52122362-AL T-Type Linkage
- 3 – 6505623-AA Nylock Tie Rod Nuts
If you aren’t sure if you need to upgrade to the new T style steering upgrade kit, call us and speak to one of our representatives.
- The Mopar 2009 Dodge Ram Steering Upgrade Kit for 03-08 2500/3500 Dodge Ram trucks needs to be installed to the proper Torque specifications. The use of an impact wrench or air hammer may cause damage to the kit. Please follow the Mopar Torque specifications listed below for proper installation.
- Steering damper has NOT been included in this kit. You will need to purchase a new steering damper.
- KLM Performance recommends the purchase of a new Lower Steering Stabilizer with this Dodge Ram Mopar 2009 Steering Upgrade Kit.
- This Dodge Ram Steering Upgrade Kit contains the latest versions of each individual part and is not affected any of the Chrysler Steering recalls.
- MOPAR Part 68039930AA Pitman Arm is necessary for trucks built before March 1st 2008. This Mopar Pitman Arm is not included in this kit.
- We strongly recommend you purchase all of the recommended components to insure that this 2009 T Style Steering Upgrade is properly installed for safe operation of your motor vehicle!
- Purchasing this kit as a complete replacement unit is a far less expensive way to replace worn front end steering linkage components in your 2003 to 2013 Dodge Ram truck. If one tie rod end or drag link has excessive wear the one component will soon need replacement also.
NOTE: Installation of the Mopar Steering Linkage Upgrade Kit using improper torque specifications can cause damage to the kit!
Mopar 2009 Dodge Ram Steering Linkage Upgrade Kit Torque Specifications
Ft.LbN.m 177240 100136 100136 4054 78106 4054 5068 75102 4561 200271 200271
|Pitman Arm Gear Shaft Nut||Drag Link to Pitman Arm||Drag Link to Tie Rod||Drag Link Adjuster Clamp||Tie Rod End to Knuckle||Tie Rod End Adjuster Clamp||Stabilizer Bar Link to Axle||Steering Damper to Axle or Linkage||Steering Damper Bracket U-Bolt Nuts||Track Bar to Axle – M16 Fastener||Track Bar to Frame – M16 fastener|