ARP 230-2901 Flex Plate Bolt Kit
The ARP 230-2901 Chevrolet / GMC Duramax Diesel Flex Plate Bolt Kit applications:
- 2001 to 2016 6.6L GMC Duramax Diesel models with the Allison transmission.
- 2001 to 2016 6.6L Chevy Duramax Diesel models with the Allison transmission.
ARP the world leader in fastener technology now has the 230-2901 Pro Series flexplate bolt kit for the Chevrolet and GMC Duramax diesel applications equipped with an automatic transmission. This ARP Flexplate Bolt Kit is made for the 2001 to 2010 GMC models powered with the 6.6L Duramax. ARP Flexplate Bolt Kits are Proudly Made In The USA at their Santa Paula, CA production facility. There is no better flex plate stud available then the ARP Duramax Bolt Kit. This Duramax Diesel Flexplate Pro Series Bolt Kit plays an important role in the performance and safety of both street and race trucks.
These 230-2901 Duramax Diesel Automatic Transmission Flexplate Bolts features:
- An exclusive, flat, 12-point head design and larger than the stock shank diameter
- Increased strength and improved flywheel register.
- Eight Allison Flex Plate Bolts are contained in this kit.
Reasons why you need to install the ARP Flexplate Bolt Kit:
You can forget about the problem of shearing a flex plate bolt after you install these ARP 230-2901 super strong 200,000 psi rated GMC Duramax Diesel Flex Plate Bolts.Installation of these high performance Flexplate Bolts is recommended when you increase the power level of your 6.6L Duramax diesel engine.
Simply stated, there is not a better flywheel stud kit on the market then the ARP 230-2901 6.6L Duramax Diesel Flexplate Bolt Kit.Then each stud in this kit for the Duramax is placed vertically in special racks and precisely heat-treated to 200,000 psi. After the heat treating the ARP 230-2901 Duramax Diesel Flexplate Bolts are thread rolled which gives them superior fatigue strength.
NOTE: ARP has designed these 230-2901 flex-plate bolts with an underhead length of 40.64 millimeters or 1.6". These 6.6L Duramax Diesel Flex Plate bolts are M16 x 1.5
Automotive Racing Products Part Number 230-2901 Installation Instructions
The proper installation instructions for the Chevy and GM 6.6L Duramax Diesel Flexplate Bolt Kit is as follows:
1. Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages.
2. These ARP Duramax Flexplate Bolts are designed for installation without the use of washers. Do not use a washer when installing these ARP Flexplate bolts in your Allison transmission. They are designed to be installed without washers. NOTE: ARP will not be held responsible for any failures resulting from using washers with this kit.
3. Make sure there is an adequate chamfer around the bolt holes on the flexplate to clear the radius under the head of the bolt.
4. Lubricate the under the head of the bolt with ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant.
5. Lubricate the bolt threads with Loctite 242.
6. Install the bolts and tighten by hand.
7. Using an alternating or crisscross pattern, torque the bolts to 100 ft-lbs then an additional 75 degrees OR 250 ft-lbs
If you have any questions or need additional information please contact us at 203-210-7200.
Duramax ARP Flexplate Bolt Pro Series Bolt Kit is MADE IN THE USA!
engine: 6.6L Duramax
Item Number: ARP 230-290112
Make: : Chevy
Model: 2500HD | 3500
Year: 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Manufacturer Part No: ARP 230-2901
Product Application: 2001 to 2016 2500HD and 3500 Series Chevy / GMC Duramax with the Allison Transmission
FAQ: When Do I need to install the ARP 230-2901 Duramax Diesel Flexplate Bolt Kit and why? These ARP Flexplate bolts play an important role in the performance and safety of your Chevrolet or GM street ruck or race truck. When you increase the power of your 6.6L Duramax the weak links become evident. For this reason, the engineers at ARP developed these special flexplate bolts as a superior alternative to the OEM hardware. ARP Flexplate bolts feature an exclusive flat 12 point head design and a larger than stock underhead radius which conveys the increased torque loads transmitted into your Alison transmission.
Part Number: 230-4901
Manufacturer: Automotive Racing Products