Borgeson 000940 Replacement Intermediate Steel Telescoping Steering Shaft
The 000940 Borgeson Steering Shaft is one of the many Dodge Ram steering shaftsavailable from KLM Performance.
This 000940 Borgeson Replacement Telescoping Steering Shaft applications:
- 1979 to 1993 Dodge D100, D150, D200, D250, D300, D350 trucks.
- 1979 to 1993 Dodge W100, W150, W200, W250, W300, W350 trucks.
- 1979 to 1993 Dodge Ram Charger trucks.
- 1979 to 1981 Plymouth Trail Duster.
The Borgeson Replacement Steering Shaft 000940 benefits:
- This steering shaft is built to accept the Borgeson 000941 replacement rag joint.
- Constructed as a telescoping steering shaft which is a major safety improvement.
- The 000940 Is a direct Dodge replacement intermediate steering shaft.
- Backed by a Manufacturers 5 Year Warranty.
- Installs with Hand Tools in less than 30 minutes.
- Steering Shaft provides immediate vastly improved handling characteristics.
- Will helps eliminate the all too common Dodge Steering Wander!
- Collapsible Yes
- Collapsed Length of 14.50".
- Extended Length of 21.50".
- One Universal Joint Is Included
- Replacement Rag Joint Sold Separately
- Steering Shaft Diameter 3/4".
- Steering Shaft Splines 36
- Steering Shaft Material Steel With A Finish Natural
The original Dodge Ram Trucks have a type of steering coupler used in the steering assembly that can show signs of wear in as little as 4500 miles. This wear is in the OEM steering coupler. The wear rate in the steering coupler is dependent upon how the truck is used. This wear, which causes play in the truck’s steering, is even more noticeable if your vehicle is used for plowing, towing or if oversized tires have been installed. Replacing the worn steering shaft with another OEM shaft only gives you a temporary fix. Borgeson has designed 000940 replacement steering shaft assembly with precision needle bearing u-joints. The Borgeson 940 steering shaft is for the 1979 to 1993 Dodge trucks. Borgeson 940 Replacement Steering Shaft for the '79-'93 vehicles listed is a Heavy Duty replacement steering shaft which consists of two precision needle bearing universal joints, a vibration reducer, and a telescoping shaft. Installation of the Borgeson Steering Shaft 000940 corrects the classic Dodge "Steering Wander". The Borgeson 940 Steering Shaft benefits include tighter steering; better handling is noticed as soon as the new steering shaft has been installed.
KLM Performance recommends replacing the rubber rag joint when this steering shaft is replaced on your truck.
Installation Instructions for the 1979 to 1993 Dodge Trucks Steering Shaft
BORGESON STEERING SHAFT 940 - 1979 to 1993 Dodge Steering Shaft 000940 is MADE IN THE USA!