BORGESON STEERING SHAFT 000985 Ford Truck Replacement Steering Shaft with Vibration Reducer.
BORGESON 985 REPLACEMENT STEERING SHAFT will fit the following Ford vehicles:
- Ford Bronco
- Ford F100
- 1980 to 1991 Ford F150
- 1980 to 1991 Ford F250
- 1980 to 1991 Ford F350
Borgeson 000985 Steering Column shaft attributes:
- Two precision needle bearing u-joints.
- Upgraded vibration reducer.
- Telescoping steering shaft.
- Designed as a Heavy Duty replacement steering shaft assembly.
The Borgeson 985 Steering Shaft benefits:
- Will accommodate Ford trucks with up to a 4" body lift.
- Tightens up the sluggish steering response instantly.
- Removes the wander and sloppy steering.
- Built as an Extreme Duty Replacement Steering Shaft
- Simple Installation of 45 minutes or less.
- Offers a dramatic reduction is vibrations felt in the steering wheel.
- Connects the steering wheel to the steering box.
Full-size Ford Pickups have a type of steering coupler that can show signs of wear in as little as 4500 miles, depending on how the truck is used. This wear, which causes play in the truck's steering, is even more noticeable if your truck is used for plowing, towing or if oversized tires have been installed. Replacing the worn steering shaft with another OEM shaft only gives you a temporary fix. Borgeson has replacement Ford truck steering shaft assemblies with precision needle bearing u-joints available for 1980 to 1991 Ford F150, F250, and F350 trucks. This Borgeson 000985 steering shaft is a replacement for the under the hood intermediate shaft.
BORGESON STEERING SHAFT 985 Ford Replacement Steering Shaft for the 1980 to 1991 Ford Trucks is MADE IN THE USA!
Item Number: BUC 00098532
Make: : Ford
Model: F100 | F150 | F250 | F350 | Bronco
Year: 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991
Manufacturer Part No: 000985
Product Application: 1980 to 1991 Ford trucks
Brand: Borgeson Universal
FAQ: Are you finding it difficult to keep your Ford truck from wandering on the road?
A replacement Borgeson 000985 Steering Shaft is the answer to removing the play in the steering.
What benefits can I expect upon installing this replacement steering shaft?
This Borgeson Replacement Steel Collapsible Steering Shaft 000985 corrects the classic Ford "Steering Wander". Better handling can be felt as soon as the new steering shaft has been installed because of the sealed spherical bearing which eliminates the poor steering response due to worn universal joints.
Manufacturer: Borgeson Universal