3.9L Cummins 4BT and 4BTA High Performance Diesel Harmonic Balancer
The Fluidampr 3.9L torsional vibration damper applications:
- 1984 to 1998 3.9L Cummins 4BT Diesel Engine.
- 1998 to 2001 3.9L Cummins 4BTA Diesel Engine.
The Four-Cylinder 3.9L Cummins 4BT series diesel engines are in high demand for the enthusiast who is doing a motor swap. The Cummins 3.9L 4BT Cummins inline-four diesel engines were manufactured from 1984 to 1998. These eight-valve engines produce 105 HPand 265 lb-ft of torque from their compact size of 30.6 inches long, 24.6 inches wide, and 37.7 inches high.
The Cummins 4BTA was introduced in 1998 and was produced until the end of 2001. This newer model four-cylinder diesel engine received an upgraded valve train with a 16-valve configuration. This new valvetrain allowed for increased performance levels with a horsepower bump to 170 and a more impressive 420lb-ft of torque. Depending on the application, the power figures vary. This is what makes it such a popular candidate for engine swaps. Weighing in at nearly 800 pounds, the durable inline four-cylinder engine is the little brother of the 5.9L Cummins 12-valve Cummins diesel engine.
The High Performance Cummins 3.9L Viscous Harmonic Fluid Damper benefits:
- This viscous damper continuously self-tunes to control detrimental harmonic vibrations.
- Works on the stock to heavily modified 3.9L Cummins.
- Installs on the 8 Valve and 16 Valve 3.9L Cummins diesel engines.
KLM Performance strongly recommends the installation of this damper on your Cummins 3.9L Transplant vehicle in order to reduce the high level of vibrations produced by this motor.
This Cummins 3.9L Crankshaft Damper is a Replacement Viscous Vibration Damper that provides:
- This precision-made viscous damper provides superior torsional vibration control.
- The damper provides control of the destructive torsional vibrations at all engine RPMs.
- Vibration control is a significant improvement at all power levels.
- Quiets the engine operation and smooths out the chatter in diesel engines.
- A viscous damper provides both increased HP and Torque.
- Will reduce wear on the main bearings and timing gear.
- This Damper provides a more stable valve train operation.
- A Viscous Damper lessens the chance of crankshaft failure.
- This damper continually self-tunes in real-time to control vibrations.
Fluidampr 3.9L Cummins Performance Diesel Viscous Damper Specifications:
- Material = Steel
- Black Zinc Finish
- Outside Diameter of 9-3/4."
- The length of 2.167."
- Weight 24.1 pounds
- Balance = Internal
Dynamometer tests have shown consistent increases in horsepower and torque in the Cummins 3.9L with a Fluidampr viscous vibration damper installation. The OEM Stock elastomeric dampers have a short life span and do not control torsional vibrations at all RPM's like this viscous harmonic balancer.
Fluidampr 3.9L Cummins Diesel Harmonic Fluid Dampers is MADE IN THE USA!
VIBRATECH TORSIONAL VIBRATION DAMPERS TVD WARRANTY
VIBRATECH WARRANTY: All warranty claims must be made with your point of purchase.
LIMITED WARRANTY: Vibratech TVD warranty extends to the original purchaser only, and a copy of sales receipt must be provided. Keep your receipt.
Vibratech recommends that our customers have their Vibratech products installed by a certified technician or engine builder as the warranty does not cover installation errors. Vibratech offers a one-year warranty for defects in material and workmanship. The repair or replacement will be at Vibratech’s discretion. If purchased from Vibratech: To obtain warranty service, call customer service to receive a return authorization number.
Warranty Returns must include the RMA#, description of the problem, and a copy of the purchase invoice/receipt.
Warranty Returns shipped without an RMA# will not be processed.
Customers are responsible for freight charges to Vibratech.
If a Vibratech product is faulty, Vibratech will pay UPS Ground Freight when returning the product to the customer.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE AND IS NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
• Damper failure due to improper installation or maintenance.
• Loss or injury incurred from the use or operation of Vibratech products.
• Misuse, abuse, modifications, or unauthorized repairs.
• Removal or replacement cost.
• The cost incurred due to the downtime of the vehicle.
• Damage to other engine or vehicle components.
• Normal wear and tear.
• Use in racing applications or competitive purposes.
• Vibratech limited warranty coverage is subject to change due to uncontrolled circumstances with or without notice.
• Custom manufactured items are non-refundable.
Vibratech TVD reserves the right to make changes in design, additions to, or improvements in its standard products without liability to install, change, or improve any product manufactured and shipped prior thereto.