Cummins Common Rail 190 Degree Thermostat With O-Ring
Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins 190 Degree Replacement Thermostat
This Cummins 3946849 190 Degree Thermostat is designed specifically for 1998.5-2002 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine. It is an OE part that meets the same specifications as factory-installed parts. This thermostat kit includes the thermostat and seal, ensuring lasting performance and reliability.
This Cummins 3946849 190 Degree Thermostat applications:
- 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 vehicles with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
The Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat Kit includes:
- Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat
- Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat Seal
- This Cummins Thermostat is an Original Equipment Manufacturer part which is the same part that was made and installed at the factory where the engine was produced.
The installation of this OEM Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat provides the following benefits:
- Direct-Fit Replacement Part
- Maintains the optimum engine performance
- Constructed with the high-quality materials used by Cummins.
The 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Thermostat cross-references to:
- Mopar 5015708AC
Replacement OEM Cummins 190 Degree Thermostat and Seal Kit are for the Dodge Ram Cummins powered trucks.
NOTE: The CUMMINS 3946849 190° Thermostat for the 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Diesel Engine is a Non-Returnable Part! Please make sure you have ordered the correct Cummins Thermostat for your Dodge Ram diesel trucks.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 5.9L Cummins
- Item Number: Cummins 3946849
- Make: Dodge Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500
- Year : 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002
- Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 3946849
- Product Application: 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, trucks with the 5.9L Cummins
- Height: 5
- Width : 5
- Brand: Cummins
FAQ: What does the Dodge Ram 190 Degree Thermostat do?
The Dodge Ram Cummins 190 degree Thermostat allows low-temperature coolant from the radiator into the engine to keep the operating temperature within a predetermined range.
What are the warning signs that you may have a defective thermostat?
The warning signs that you are operating a Dodge Cummins 5.9L with a bad thermostat is the inability to generate engine heat or the operation of high engine coolant temperatures. These are signs the thermostat is now stuck in the open or closed position. A defective thermostat will cause the engine to operate below the correct operating temperature or overheat.
What is the best advice on how to correct these symptoms?
If you are currently experiencing any of these symptoms its time to replace the Cummins 3946849 190 Degree Thermostat yourself in order to alleviate this issue.
What if I choose a lower-priced Thermostat?
The use of a less expensive thermostat is a prime example of you get what you pay for. The Cummins turbo diesel is designed for peak operating performance when it runs at the correct operating temperature. We have had many customers purchase the OEM Cummins thermostat after learning this lesson.
- Part Number 3946849
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: The use of the proper Cummins thermostat is required in order to maintain optimum engine efficiency and trouble-free operation!