1998.5 to 2007 Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid
KLM Performance offers this part as a Brand New OEM Cummins replacement heater grid intake element for the complete repair of your poor start condition.
Cummins 3969987 relay applications:
- 1998.5 to 2002 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve diesel engines.
- 2003 to 2007 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve diesel engines.
The Cummins 5.9L diesel engines do not use glow plugs during the cold startup process. This Cummins engine is equipped with a relay that is used to activate the heater grid which is located directly between the air horn and intake manifold. The heater grid heats the incoming air during startup to ensure a quick start in cold weather.
Warning signs your Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater needs to be replaced:
- Longer crank times in cold weather.anceance
- Multiple engine cranking periods before the engine fires.
- Increased white smoke during cold starts.
- A hard to start condition is present during cold weather.
NOTE: The replacement of the Intake Heater Grid or Bracket on the 1998.5 to 2007 Dodge 5.9L Cummins powered trucks works if the relay isn't integrated into the intake plenum on the 24 Valve 5.9L Cummins diesel.
This Heater Grid Switch Relay is a genuine OEM Cummins part that is covered by the Cummins replacement parts warranty.
NOTE: Please make sure you have checked the functionality of the Heater Grid Relay before ordering this Cummins Intake Air Heater part!