Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Pressure Sensor
The Cummins 5462277 Crankcase Pressure Sensor applications:
- 2007.5 to 2020 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2020 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2020 Dodge Ram 4500 diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2020 Dodge Ram 5500 diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2020 6.7L Cummins ISB Diesel engine.
What does this Cummins 5462277 Crankcase Pressure Sensor Do?
With the release of the 6.7L Cummins diesel engine in 2007 to meet the stricter diesel emission standards the use of a regenerative emissions process was introduced. The 6.7L Cummins diesel allows a percentage of spent crankcase gases back into the air intake prior to the turbocharger. The 6.7L Cummins also used a closed crankcase ventilation system to further reduce emissions. The Cummins 5462277 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Pressure Sensor monitors the pressure level of the crankcase filter. This 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Pressure Sensor provides the Engine Control Module with the pressure reading to determine when the Fleetguard CV52001 Filter needs to be replaced. This crankcase pressure sensor is also responsible for providing the ECM with the crankcase pressure values in order to maintain the proper rates of regenerative gasses into the intake stream.
This is an OEM Cummins 5462277 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Pressure that will help ensure a trouble-free operation of your diesel engine.
Symptoms of a Faulty Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Pressure SensorFuel Rail Pressure Sensor:
- Crankcase pressure sensor defective
- Internal electrical issue within the sensor ECM
- Moisture present In your engine oil.
- Reduction in fuel economy
- Sludgy oil
- Water intrusion
- Engine over-filled with oil
- P051C Crankcase Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Code Displayed.
This Cummins 5462277 Sensor supersedes the following parts:
The Cummins 5462277 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor is located on the top of the engine cover and depicted as part number 16 in the exploded view illustration. This pressure sensor is an OEM Cummins part that is backed by the Cummins Warranty. If your 6.7L Cummins crankcase pressure sensor needs to be replaced use this Genuine Cummins Part to ensure a trouble-free operation of your diesel engine.
This OEM Cummins Pressure Sensor Benefits:
- Purchasing Genuine Cummins parts means you get a precision-designed product.
- Cummins parts are manufactured at state-of-the-art facilities.
- Strict quality control measures and diligent testing that ensures the replacement parts perform at Cummins factory-specified levels of efficiency, Genuine Cummins parts come with a full factory warranty, giving you peace of mind and financial protection.
- Only Genuine Cummins parts provide the reliability and durability you need to stay on the road.
NOTE: This OEM Cummins part is an electrical component that is a Non-Returnable item. Please make sure you need this part before you order!