1989 to 1998 Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid
KLM Performance offers this part as a Brand New OEM Cummins replacement heater grid intake relay for the complete repair of your poor start condition.
Cummins 3929108 relay applications:
- 1989 to 1993 Cummins 5.9L 12 Valve diesel engines.
- 1994 to 1998 Cummins 5.9L 12 Valve diesel engines.
The Cummins 5.9L 12V diesel engines do not use glow plugs during the cold startup process. This Cummins engine is equipped with a relay that is used to activate the heater grid which is located directly between the air horn and intake manifold. The heater grid heats the incoming air during startup to ensure a quick start in cold weather.
Warning signs your Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater needs to be replaced:
- Longer crank times in cold weather.
- Multiple engine cranking periods before the engine fires.
- Increased white smoke during cold starts.
- A hard-to-start condition is present during cold weather.
NOTE: The replacement of the Intake Heater Grid or Bracket on 1989 to 1998 5.9L Cummins powered trucks works if the relay isn't integrated into the intake plenum on the 12 Valve 5.9L Cummins diesel.
The Cummins 3929108 supersedes the following part numbers:
This Heater Grid Switch Relay is a genuine OEM Cummins part that is covered by the Cummins replacement parts warranty.
NOTE: Please make sure you have checked the functionality of the Mopar 68188401AA Heater Grid Relay before ordering this Cummins Intake Air Heater part!
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.