ARP 247-5403 Dodge Ram 5.9L and 6.7L Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit With Factory Girdle
The ARP 247-5403 Dodge Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit applications:
- 2004 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins
- 2004 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins
- 2007.5 to 2021 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins
- 2007.5 to 2021Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins
- 2007.5 to 2021 Dodge Ram 4500 6.7L Cummins
- 2007.5 to 2021 Dodge Ram 5500 6.7L Cummins
ARP 247-5403 Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit Features and Benefits:
- From the 2004.5 to the current model, Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L turbo diesel engines with the factory block stiffener in place.
- Main Studs provide a 0.600˝ counterbore.
- Provides a 30 percent increase in strength over the OEM bolts.
- Made from the Applied Racing Products proprietary ARP 8740 material.
- This Main Stud Kit contains the Longer 5.275" Studs.
- These Main Studs feature a 0.600 Counter Bore.
- Main Stud Kit is for Cummins engines with the factory girdle.
- The Factory Girdle acts as a stiffener plate to help ensure the integrity of the motor's lower end.
- This Dodge Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit is for the engines with the Cummins OEM Factory Girdle.
- This Dodge Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit can achieve a clamping load of 220,000 psi. using the ARP8740® material.
- Installation of this Main Stud Kit can eliminate the main cap walking and fretting.
- Increased stud strength prevents fretting and protects your cylinder block threads.
- Finished in a Black oxide coating for corrosion and abrasion resistance.
- Increased durability in high performance applications.
- Every ARP 5.9L Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit meets or exceeds the most stringent aerospace specifications.
- The World Leader in Fastener Technology provides this Pro Series Main Stud Kit.
ARP 247-5403 Pro Series Dodge Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit includes:
- Fourteen ARP 2000 M12 Main Studs
- Fourteen ARP 8740 Chrome-moly steel low height 12-pt nuts.
- Fourteen ARP 8740 Chrome-moly steel accessory bolts to secure the main girdle.
- One 1/2 oz. of ARP Ultra-Torque
- ARP Cummins Main Stud Installation Instructions
There is not a better main stud kit on the market than the ARP 247-5403 Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit with Girdle.
ARP 247-5403 Dodge Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit is MADE IN THE USA!
by KLM Performance
: 5.9L Cummins | 6.7L Cummins
- Item Number: ARP 247-540312
Make: Dodge | Dodge Ram | Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
Year : 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022
- Manufacturer Part No: 247-5403
- Product Application: 2004 to 2021 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 series trucks with the 5.9L and 6.7L Cummins Diesels.
- Height: 2
- Width : 5
- Brand: ARP
FAQ: Do I need to install an ARP Main Stud Kit in my Motor?
These ARP main studs are designed to hold down the main bearing caps, which secure the crankshaft in your engine block. The ARP main studs dramatically reduce the main cap walking and fretting. These ARP main stud kits are designed to keep the crankshaft securely locked in place within your motor. Using the proper fasteners to complete this job will help ensure a trouble-free life for your high performance engine. ARP manufactures these primary stud bolt kits with their proprietary 8740 Chromoly steel. This ARP main stud alloy has a 190,000 psi tensile strength rating. These main studs are precision centerless ground and thread rolled to Mil-S-8879 specs, with a black oxide finish for corrosion resistance. All of the ARP main studs kits come complete with hardened washers and high-strength hex nuts.
The installation of these main stud kits is recommended if you are increasing the power level of your motor. What is the difference between the Main Stud and a Head Stud? The Main Stud is used for the installation of the Main Caps. The Main Caps hold your engine's crankshaft on the lower end of the motor. The Head Stud is used for the installation of the Cylinder Head or Heads. The Head Stud holds the cylinder head in place on the engine block. The ARP Head Stud is what keeps the cylinder head in a constant state of tension to prevent head gasket failure. Heads studs work on the top of the motor.
- Part Number: 247-2503
- Manufacturer: ARP
- Product Note: Please Note; Any ARP Product that has been opened in a Non-Returnable Item - Please ensure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions concerning purchasing an ARP Fastener for your diesel engine!