2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram Commonrail 5.9L Cummins FCA Electronic Fuel Control Actuator Sensor
The 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram trucks with the 5.9L Cummins diesel have an all too common problem with the fuel control actuator failing. The Cummins 4932457 FCA is a metering device that determines the flow of fuel to the CP3 fuel injection pump. The Cummins 4932457 Fuel Control Actuator determines the rate of fuel pressure provided by the fuel injection pump for proper engine operation.
NOTE: This product is currently on national backorder with no anticipated release date. Your order will ship as soon as the part is released by Cummins. Please make note of this before purchasing.
The 5.9L Cummins 4932457 FCA applications:
- All 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 series trucks.
- All 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 series trucks.
If the Cummins 4932457 FCA / Fuel Control Actuator is not correctly functioning; this results in the Engine Control Module / ECM cannot determine what is the actual fuel flow rate being supplied to the CP3 Fuel injection Pump. In most cases, people first know there is an issue when they have a hard start or no start issue because the FCA will not allow the pump to build pressure to start correctly. However, by the time this symptom occurs, the truck has probably been delivering less than the genuinely desired amount of fueling for a while already as the FCA is a simple spring design that many times takes a rather slow death and not an immediate failure. The Engine Control Module / ECM uses the fuel control actuator to control the fuel pressure in the common rail Dodge Ram diesel. The Fuel Control Actuator is an electronically controlled solenoid valve. The ECM controls the amount of fuel that enters the high-pressure pumping chambers by opening and closing the FCA based on demand. The FCA is the device that controls the fuel pressure delivered to the common rail to provide fuel delivery rates.
What are the symptoms of a failing 5.9L Cummins Fuel Control Actuator - FCA?
- Hard Starts
- No Start Condition
- Rough Idle
- A Rattling Noise from the engine, which sounds like Fuel Knock.
- You have decreased the engine power output level.
- Engine operation is rough.
- Engine RPM surging
A faulty fuel pressure regulator causes these symptoms. Replacing your 5.9L Cummins regulator can resolve your problem.
How to test if your Cummins 4932457 Fuel Control Actuator is working:
If you're experiencing hard start or no start issues, one easy way to confirm whether or not the FCA is causing the problem is to unplug it, thus eliminating any metering simply. The Fuel Control Actuator is a one-inch silver cylinder located on the backside of your CP3 fuel injection pump block. Presuming the truck starts, immediately turn it off as you will have not have the full pressure running to the fuel rail, but at least you have reasonably high certainty that the FCA was causing the issue.
Cummins 4932457 Fuel Control Actuator cross-reference:
- Mopar 5183245AA
NOTE: This OEM Cummins part is an electrical component that is a Non-Returnable item. Please make sure you need this part before you order!
Please take a look at this Cummins 4932790 Fuel Control Actuator Bolt Kit as we recommend the purchase of this bolt kit when replacing your FCA.
This OEM Cummins Electronic Fuel Control Actuator Benefits:
- Purchasing Genuine Cummins parts means you get a precision-designed product.
- Cummins parts are manufactured at state-of-the-art facilities.
- Strict quality control measures and diligent testing that ensures the replacement parts perform at Cummins factory-specified levels of efficiency,
- Genuine Cummins parts come with a full factory warranty, giving you peace of mind and financial protection.
- Only Genuine Cummins parts provide the reliability and durability you need to stay on the road.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 5.9L Cummins
- Flow Rate :
- Item Number: Cummins 49324575
- Make : : Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500
- Year : 2003 | 2004 | 2004.5 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007
- Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 4932457
- Product Application: 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500 Diesel trucks with the 5.9L Cummins
- Height: 4
- Width : 5
- Brand: Cummins
- FAQ :
- Part Number: 4932457
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!