Replacement Viscous Crankshaft Damper for the Detroit Diesel 16V149 and 16V149T Series 39.18 L Two Stoke Diesel engines.
VIBRATECH 708195-000 Viscous Damper Is In Stock And Ready For immediate Shipment
This Vibratech 708195-00 Harmonic Damper is for the 1988 To 1999 16V149 Series Detroit Diesel engineS with the following displacements and variants:
- 116V-149 3,080 lb⋅ft @ 1500 rpm 1,060 hp @ 1800 rpm
- 16V-149T 3,880 lb⋅ft @ 1400 rpm 1,325 hp @ 1900 rpm
- 16V-149TI 4,595 lb⋅ft @ 1500 rpm 1,600 hp @ 1800 rpm
This Vibratech Viscous Vibration Damper is bolted directly to your 16V149 Series Crankshaft to control the destructive torsional vibrations. This balancer is designed to replace the OEM Detroit Diesel Damper. This viscous crank damper is designed to control torsional vibrations on stock motors or engines with increased power levels of your Series 60 Detroit Diesel. The Vibratech 708195-000 harmonic damper will provide the correct level of control of all torsional vibrations at all engine RPM levels. This American Made crankshaft damper is a precision-made superior quality torsional vibration damper.
The VIBRATECH TVD 708195-000 Detroit 16V149 and 16V149T Series Crankshaft Damper offers:
- Provides smoother engine operation at all RPMs and Power Levels
- Increase horsepower & torque
- Provides better fuel efficiency
- Extends the life of the engine
- Improves both the valve timing and the valve train operation.
- Paintable steel finish
- It provides optimum engine protection from torsional vibrations across the entire RPM range.
- A Vibratech viscous damper reduces the risk of crankshaft failure.
- Only a precision-machined viscous damper can increase engine component life.
- Precision CNC machined and computer-balanced components make this the best viscous damper available for your 39.2L Detroit Diesel.
This High Performance Torsional Vibration Damper for the DETROIT DIESEL 16V149 SERIES cross-references to:
- Detroit 5107312
Vibratech Torsional Vibration manufactures a Heavy Duty Replacement Diesel Damper that is designed and built to be a superior aftermarket vibration damper for the Detroit 16V149 Series Diesel engines. The Vibratech Heavy Duty Diesel Damper design contains a free rotation inertia ring surrounded by a viscous silicone fluid that is enclosed in a laser-welded, sealed housing. This Vibratech 708195-000 Torsional Vibration Damper is a viscous damper manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art facility that is ISO 9001-2008 certified. Vibratech Heavy Duty Aftermarket dampers are designed by engineers who understand the critical principles of physics that are used to develop harmonic dampers that control torsional vibrations. The fluid-filled Vibratech TVD® viscous harmonic dampers are the preferred heavy duty diesel engine vibration damper based on Quality, Dependability, and Longevity. Your DETROIT DIESEL® 16V149 SERIES diesel engine requires the best torsional vibration damper available, so purchase a Vibratech 708195-000 damper.
Detroit Diesel 16V149 Crankshaft Dampers require replacement interval to ensure engine performance and reliability. When your Series 60 diesel engine is having an in-frame overhaul completed, the crankshaft damper is often overlooked. The failure to replace the crankshaft damper is an extremely expensive error.
Failing to replace a worn-out viscous crankshaft damper will not protect your engine from costly engine damage and downtime.
KLM Performance recommends regular inspection of the crankshaft damper to protect against torsional vibration, which will lead to costly engine damage and downtime.
That’s why regular viscous damper replacement in heavy-duty applications is critical to longer engine life.
The use of an overseas-manufactured Detroit Diesel damper is penny-wise and pound-foolish!
NOTICE: Crankshaft pulley and spindle mounting bolts are to be considered single-use items and must not be reused. Always use new bolts when mounting the crankshaft pulley or spindle. Reusing bolts may result in excessive bolt stretch during installation, leading to loss of bolt torque and loosening during engine operation, which may cause severe engine damage.
Detroit Diesel Series 708195-000 Crankshaft Vibration Damper is MADE IN THE USA!
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 12.7L Detroit Diesel
- Vibratech Product Warranty: One-Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
Item Number: Vibratech 708195-000
- Make: Detroit Diesel
- Model: Diesel
Year : 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 |1997 1998 | 1999 | 2000
- Manufacturer Part No: Vibratech 716852-000
- Product Application: Detroit Diesel 12.7L Series 60 DDEC I, II, III, and IV series diesel engines.
- Height: 4
- Width : 14
- Brand: Vibratech TVD
FAQ: When To Replace Your Detroit Diesel Harmonic Balancer?
Your harmonic balancer should be replaced at every major overhaul or in-frame. Professional diesel mechanics, service advisers, and fleet managers recommend replacing the harmonic balancer every 500,000 to 750,000 miles or according to OEM service intervals with a genuine Vibratech TVD viscous damper. This small preventative step provides financial returns over time by helping maintain the engine's operating efficiency and fuel economy while reducing the risk of downtime.
- Part Number 716852-000
- Manufacturer: Vibratech TVD
- Product Note: This is a High-Performance American Made Viscous Crankshaft damper designed to control torsional vibration on your 12.7L Detroit Diesel engine.