FASS In-Line Fuel Strainer - Replacement Pre-Filter - Inline Fuel Filter
The use of a FASS universal in-line fuel filter screen is required on the following FASS Pumps or any other motor using an inline prefilter to prevent damage to the fuel pump. This pre-filter fuel line strainer is a screening element that removes the large pieces of debris from the fuel supply before they enter the pump and cause damage. These inline pre-filters can be used on any engine that uses a 1/2" fuel supply line. If your fuel pressure has decreased, it is now time to change your pre-filter in-line element. These filter elements are a Pre-Filter, not a Fuel Filter!
This pre-filter is used in any FASS system which does not require two filters using a 1/2" fuel line:
- FASS FA Adjustable Fuel Pumps
- FASS FO Non-Adjustable Fuel Pumps
- FASS HPFP Pumps
- FASS D-Max lift pumps
- FASS DDRP lift pumps
The FASS FF-5289 fuel line filter/strainer element benefits:
- Are offered as a universal in-line fuel filter element.
- This high flow inline pre-filter element is an inline fuel filter for pre-pump installation.
- They are available in the 1/2" I.D. size for in-line fuel line installation.
- Both of these inline pre-filters from Fleetguard have a 24-micron stainless mesh inner cage.
- It can hold a 13-gram capacity, preventing large particles from entering the fuel pump.
- The Fleetguard replacement inline fuel filters are designed for inlet side filtration only!
- Fleetguard In-line Fuel Strainers are a high flow element that will not restrict fuel supply to your fuel pump.
What is the recommended change interval for a FASS In-Line Pre Filter?
This FASS FF-5289 1/2" In-Line Fuel Filter Strainer replacement interval is dependent upon multiple factors such as:
- Quality of diesel fuel.
- The total miles which were driven between the last filter change
- Current fuel pressure reading.
- Based on the above factors, the recommended filter change interval is between four to six thousand miles.
KLM Performance strongly recommends the use of a fuel pressure gauge to monitor filter life with all FASS Lift Pumps!
Physical Dimensions of the FASS 1/2" In-Line Fuel Strainer
- Largest element OD - 48.489 mm (1.909 in)
- Overall Height: - 98.81 mm (3.89 in)
- Inlet Connection - 0.375"
- Outlet Connection - 0.375"
NOTE: These FASS 1/2" In-Line Fuel Strainers should not be confused with an inline fuel filter and must be installed in the FASS FL-1002 1/2" Fuel Lines only!
If you are looking for the 3/8" Inside Diameter In-Line Fuel Filter Strainer, please follow this link to the FASS FF-5079 3/8" In-Line Fuel Filter Strainer.
KLM Performance carries these Fleetguard fuel filters for premium fuel filtration to keep your fuel system running clean, efficient, and powerful. All of the filters sold by KLM Performance are offered with quantity discounts. If you do not see the fuel filter you are looking for, please do not hesitate to call us or contact us.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : N/A
- Fuel Type: Diesel or Gasoline
- Filtration Level: 24 Micron Level
- Item Number: FF-5289
- Year: N/A
- Manufacturer Part No :
- Product Application: This in-line prefilter protects your fuel pump from ingesting larger debris particles.
- Height: 4
- Width : 5
- Brand: Fleetguard
- FAQ: Is this a Fuel Filter? No, this is an in-line prefilter and not a fuel filter.
- Part Number: FF5289
Manufacturer: Fleetguard Cummins Filtration
Product Note This is an inline pre-fuel pump filter designed to capture suspended particles before they enter the fuel pump and cause expensive damage.