Fluidampr 870211 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Dual Alternator Harmonic Damper
The Fluidampr 870211 High Performance Diesel Damper applications:
- 2003 to 2007 Ford F350 Vehicles equipped with the 6.0L Powerstroke motor that is equipped with dual alternators.
- 2003 to 2007 Ford F450 Vehicles equipped with the 6.0L Powerstroke motor that is equipped with dual alternators.
- 2003 to 2007 Ford F550 Vehicles equipped with the 6.0L Powerstroke motor that is equipped with dual alternators.
Specifications of the Fluidampr Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Dual Alternator Fluidampr Performance Harmonic Damper
- Material = Steel
- Coated in a Black Zinc Finish
- Outside Diameter is 8-7/8."
- Unit Weighs 29.1 pounds.
- Balance = External
By installing the new Fluidampr Performance Diesel Damper on your 2003 to 2007 Ford 6.0L Dual Alternator equipped Powerstroke diesel engine you will:
- Protect your engine from destructive torsional vibrations
- Increase Torque and Horsepower output.
- Save your crankshaft
- Stabilize your valve-train
Fluidampr 870211 2003-2009 Ford 6.0L Power Stroke w/ dual alternators Torque Specifications
The mounting bolts used to install the Fluidampr 870211 External 2003 to 2009 Ford 6.0L Power Stroke are to be torqued to 50 Ft-Lbs. plus an additional 90 degrees. The Fluidamper Harmonic Damper for the 2003 to 2009 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke diesel engines requires the mounting bolts to be torqued to 50 foot-pounds plus an additional 90 degrees. These torque specifications are vital to ensure the proper fitment of the viscous damper to your engine crankshaft.
What is Torsional Vibration and How Does the Fluidampr 870211 control this destructive force?
Each time the air/fuel mixture inside a cylinder is ignited, the combustion charge that occurs creates a torque spike that is applied to the crankshaft through the piston and rod. This torque spike is so severe that it not only turns the crankshaft, it twists the crankshaft ahead of its regular rotation, and then the crankshaft rebounds. This twisting action is known as torsional vibration. When these torque spikes and forces get into phase with the natural frequency, critical torsional harmonic vibrations occur and can be severely destructive to the bearings and the crankshaft. Fluidampr High Performance Diesel Dampers are designed to control those destructive vibrations.
Fluidampr 870211 Harmonic Damper is designed to control those destructive vibrations in the 6.0L Powerstroke diesel engine at all engine speeds and power output levels.
NOTE: This Ford Powerstroke Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer is for 2003 to 2009 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke with Dual Alternators.
- Engine : 6.0L Powerstroke
- Item Number: Fluidampr 870211
- Make: Ford
- Model : F350 | F450 | F550
- Year : 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009
- Manufacturer Part No: 870211
- Product Application: 2003 to 2009 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Engines with Dual Alternators
- Height: 8
- Width : 16
- Brand: Fluidampr
- FAQ: Why should I purchase a fluidampr viscous damper for my engine? The Viscous Performance Diesel Damper for 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Engine provides control of the destructive torsional vibration on a stock or modified engine. The torsional vibrations present a higher risk for damage, so a viscous damper is an absolute must on these motors. Only a Fluidamper viscous damper protects the engine from destructive crankshaft torsional vibration.
- Part Number: 870211
- Manufacturer : Fluidampr
- Product Note: Only a High-Performance viscous damper can effectively control the destructive torsional vibrations that occur at all engine RPMs and Power output levels. Install a Fuildampr crankshaft damper to ensure a long trouble-free engine life with greater power out put levels.