The Caterpillar Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper by Vibratech is for the following Caterpillar engines:
- Caterpillar® 3508 V8 Diesel Engine
- Caterpillar® 3508B V8 Diesel Engine
- Caterpillar® 3512 V12 Diesel Engine
- Caterpillar® 3512B V12 Diesel Engine
- Caterpillar® 3512C V12 Diesel Engine
- Caterpillar® 3516 V16 Diesel Engine
- Caterpillar® 3516B V16 Diesel Engine
- Caterpillar® G3516B V16 Diesel Engine
This replacement CAT Vibration Damper for the Crankshaft offers:
- Increase both horsepower and torque out put of your engine.
- Better fuel efficiency
- Extends the life of the engine
- Improves valve timing
- Paintable steel finish
- Smoother Idle
- Promotes longer engine life.
This American Made Viscous Vibration Damper is approved for the Caterpillar 3500 series diesel engines used in the following applications:
- Fire Pumps
- Land Electric Drive Units
- Well Service Engines
This Vibratech TVD crankshaft damper cross-references to the following part number:
Vibratech TVD® invented viscous damper technology in 1946 to control torsional vibrations on large diesel engines. Vibratech continues to make these Torsional Vibration Dampers in the USA! The Vibratech TVD - Torsional Vibration Damper products are manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art facility called ISO 9001:2008 certified. Your diesel engine requires the best heavy duty torsional vibration damper available, so purchase a Vibratech TVD Damper for your CAT Diesel.
NOTE: The image presented is not an accurate representation of the actual Vibratech Damper.
This Heavy Duty CATERPILLAR® Crankshaft Damper is MADE IN THE USA!
by KLM Performance
- Engine : Caterpillar 3500 Series Engines
- Power Levels: This viscous damper is rated on all of the 3500 series engines rated at 775 to 3000 Brake Horse Power.
- Item Number: Vibratech 718019-600
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: 3500
- Year: N/A
- Manufacturer Part No: 718019-600
- Product Application: Caterpillar 3500 Series Diesel Engines
- Height: 28
- Width : 28
- Brand: Vibratech TVD
- FAQ: Do I really need to change the crankshaft damper on my Caterpillar diesel engine? Yes, the crankshaft damper is a wear item and needs replacement. If you are doing an inframe overhaul or unsure of when the damper was changed, it's time for a replacement. What happens if I do not change the damper? We have heard far too many times that my mechanic said. It's good for the motor's life, and they just snapped their crankshaft. do I need to replace the damper
- Part Number: 718019-600
- Manufacturer: Vibratech TVD
- Product Note: The Torsional Vibration Damper on your CATERPILLAR 3500 Series Crankshaft Damper is a wear item that requires replacement at the 500,000-mile mark. The installation of a new Damper is strongly recommended in an effort to eliminate harmful torsional crankshaft vibration and ensure trouble-free operation. The replacement of the engine crankshaft damper is often overlooked during the In-Frame overhaul process due to costs. We at KLM Performance come across two different types of customers the ones who choose to purchase a replacement viscous crankshaft damper and the ones who wish they had. The second customer is the one now dealing with a damaged crankshaft and other serious engine failures.