Vibratech TVD Torsional Vibration Damper 1341064
Caterpillar Heavy Duty Replacement Diesel Vibration Damper
This replacement heavy duty diesel damper is an American Made high performance alternative damper for the CAT Heavy Duty Diesel engines. This 1341604 Crankshaft Damper from Vibratech is a precision-made superior quality torsional vibration damper designed explicitly for the CATERPILLAR® diesel.
The viscous torsional dampers for Caterpillar C10, C12, and C13 engines are direct replacements for the original parts. The crank damper replacement or inspection interval is at the 300,000-mile. This is the service interval where the crankshaft vibration damper will be inspected and replaced. Replacement of your crankshaft damper at the time of an inframe overhaul is imperative to ensure a long engine lifespan. The replacement crankshaft dampers are made of steel and coated with a rust preventive, and they self-tune to exact engine harmonic frequency across the engine’s entire rpm range.
The Caterpillar Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper by Vibratech is for the following Caterpillar engines:
- Caterpillar C10 diesel engine series.
- Caterpillar C12 diesel engine series.
- Caterpillar C13 diesel engine series.
This replacement CATERPILLAR® Vibration Damper for the CATERPILLAR® Diesels is a Crankshaft Damper that offers:
- Increases both the horsepower and torque output levels.
- Better fuel efficiency
- Extends the life of the engine
- Improves valve timing
- The damper has a paintable steel finish
The Vibratech 1341604 CATERPILLAR® C10 C12 C13 Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper cross-reference:
- CATERPILLAR® 167-8125 Damper
Vibratech TVD® invented viscous damper technology in 1946 to control torsional vibrations. Vibratech continues to make these Torsional Vibration Dampers in the USA! The Vibratech Torsional Vibration Damper products are manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art facility that is ISO 9001-2008 certified. Your diesel engine requires the best heavy duty torsional vibration damper available, so purchase a Vibratech Damper for your CAT Diesel.
The use of an overseas-manufactured crank damper is penny-wise and pound-foolish! The Vibratech 1341604 Heavy Duty Diesel Damper is made with a free rotation inertia ring surrounded by a viscous silicone fluid enclosed in a laser welded, sealed housing. Caterpillar crank dampers should be replaced between 350K and 500K miles. If you just did an overhaul, make sure you change the Crankshaft Damper. Experiencing a Broken crankshaft makes an overhaul look cheap!
For additional information on the Caterpillar Chevy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Dampers, please follow this link - https://klmperformance.com/collections/crankshaft-damper-heavy-duty-diesel-damper-caterpillar-crankshaft-dampers
The Vibratech TVD 1341604 Vibration Damper is MADE IN THE USA!
by KLM Performance
- Engine : Caterpillar C10 | Caterpillar C12 | Caterpillar C13
- Flow Rate :
- Item Number: VIBRATECH 13416042
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: Diesel
- Manufacturer Part No: 1341604
- Product Application: CATERPILLAR C10, C12, and C13 Heavy Duty Diesel Engines
- Height: 4
- Width: 20
- Brand: Vibratech TVD
- FAQ: What is the replacement interval for a Caterpillar Crankshaft Damper? KLM Performance recommends a regular damper inspection and the scheduled replacement of your CAT crank damper every 300 to 500 thousand miles. Regular inspection and a replacement prevent the extreme costs incurred by breaking your crankshaft or the other problems caused by a deteriorating damper.
- Part Number: VIBRATECH 1341604
- Manufacturer: Vibratech Torsional Vibration Dampers
- Product Note: Only a Viscous Damper from Vibratech TVD can effectively control the destructive torsional vibrations through the engine's entire RPM range and power-output levels. The Vibratech CATERPILLAR C10 C12 C13 Heavy Duty Diesel Viscous Crankshaft Damper is not tuned for a specific narrow band frequency range like a rubber damper. Only a Viscous Damper using its inertia ring, which can freely rotate the ring in the laser-welded housing that is filled with silicone, can control the power-robbing destructive torsional vibrations emitted by your diesel engine.