C15 CATERPILLAR® Viscous Crankshaft Damper from Vibratech
This American Made High Performance Viscous Harmonic Damper Is In Stock And Ready For Immediate Shipment. This is a precision-made torsional vibration damper designed for the CAT C15 series engines produced from 1994 to 2007.
This Caterpillar C15 Crankshaft Damper from Vibratech TVD Is now IN STOCK AND READY FOR SHIPMENT.
The Caterpillar Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper by Vibratech is for the following Caterpillar engines:
- Caterpillar C15 Diesel Engine
The Vibratech TVD Viscous American-Made Crankshaft Damper is designed for use in the Cat® C15 Industrial Diesel Engine series with power ratings of 475 to 580 bhp. This replacement C15 Harmonic Damper has been used by our customers in many different applications, which include: Agriculture, Ag Tractors, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Combines/Harvesters, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Cranes, Crushers, Dredgers, Forestry, General Industrial, Hydraulic Power Units, Irrigation Equipment, Loaders/Forwarders, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earth Moving Equipment, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Shovels or Drag-lines, Surface Hauling Equipment and Trenchers.
This 13.5" CATERPILLAR C15 Heavy Duty Diesel Viscous Crankshaft Vibration Damper Kit Includes:
- One 13.5" CATERPILLAR C15 Crank Damper
- One Viscous Crankshaft Adapter Plate - Reference # 7E9520/1678126
- One Viscous Damper Spacer Plate 716406-000
This replacement CAT C15 Vibration Damper for the Crankshaft offers:
- Increase in both horsepower and torque output levels.
- Better fuel efficiency
- Extends the life of the engine
- Improves valve timing
- Paintable steel finish
- Smoother Idle
- Lowers operator fatigue
Use of Vibratech 716405-000 Diesel Damper helps to avoid:
- Excessive wear of bearings and gears
- Fracturing or cracking of accessory drive brackets
- Broken camshafts
- Loosening or broken bolts
- Poor engine performance resulting in loss of HP torque
- Poor fuel economy
- Slapping or throwing of belts
- Driver fatigue
- Catastrophic engine failure
Cross-references for this High Performance CATERPILLAR® Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Vibration Damper:
- Caterpillar V-7E9520
- Caterpillar 1678126
- Caterpillar V-1678126
Features and Benefits of this High Performance Torsional Vibration Damper 716405-00
- The Vibratech Caterpillar Replacement Torsional Vibration Damper products are manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art facility that is ISO 9001-2008 certified.
The Vibratech 716405-000 Heavy Duty Diesel Damper is made with a free rotation inertia ring surrounded by a viscous silicone fluid enclosed in a laser welded, sealed housing.
NOTE: Caterpillar crank dampers should be replaced between 350,000 and 500,000 miles.
Vibratech TVD® invented viscous damper technology in 1946 to control torsional vibrations on large diesel engines. Vibratech continues to make these Torsional Vibration Dampers in the USA! The Vibratech TVD - Torsional Vibration Damper products are manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art facility that is ISO 9001:2008 certified. Your diesel engine requires the best heavy duty torsional vibration damper available, so purchase a Vibratech TVD Damper for your CAT Diesel.
The use of an overseas-manufactured crank damper is penny-wise and pound-foolish! The Vibratech 716405-000 Heavy Duty Diesel Damper is made with a free rotation inertia ring surrounded by a viscous silicone fluid enclosed in a laser welded, sealed housing. Caterpillar crank dampers should be inspected on a regular basis. The replacement interval of the crankshaft damper is between 350K and 500K miles. If you just did an overhaul, make sure you change the Engines Crankshaft Damper. Broken crankshafts make an overhaul look cheap!
NOTE: This Vibratech 716405-000 Harmonic Balancer does not fit on the SDP versions of the CAT C-15 ACERT motors produced from 2008 to 2010!
This Heavy Duty CATERPILLAR® Crankshaft Damper is MADE IN THE USA!
by KLM Performance
- Engine : Caterpillar C15
- Item Number: Vibratech 716405-000
- Make: Caterpillar
- Model: Big Rig Class 8
- Year : 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007
- Manufacturer Part No: 716405-000
- Product Application: Caterpillar C15 Diesel Engine Crankshaft Damper Balancer
- Height: 4
- Width : 16
- Brand: Vibratech TVD
- FAQ: What is so special about the Vibratec Torsional Vibration Damper for the Caterpillar C15 diesel engine? The VIBRATECH 716405-000 Viscous Vibration Damper for the CAT C15 engine is a precision-machined American Made damper that effectively controls the destructive torsional crankshaft vibrations at all engine RPMs and Power Output Levels. The control of these vibrations with the Vibratech Damper prolongs engine life, increases power, and helps improve your fuel economy.
- Part Number 716405-000
- Manufacturer: Vibratech TVD
- Product Note: A Vibratech TVD American Made viscous damper is a cost-effective approach to protect the powertrain by converting torsional vibration into thermal energy. Inside this Viscous damper, an inertia ring shears through a thin layer of viscous silicone. The silicone fluid contained within the damper is not bonded and acts as a soft spring. The amount of force and rate of velocity change will exponentially reduce the magnitude of vibration exerted by the motor during operation.