C15 CATERPILLAR® Viscous Crankshaft Damper from Vibratech
The Caterpillar Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper by Vibratech is for the following Caterpillar engines:
- Caterpillar C15, C16, 3408, 3406 (A,B,C,E,PC) Diesel Engine
This 13.5" CATERPILLAR C15 Heavy Duty Diesel Viscous Crankshaft Vibration Damper Kit Includes:
- One 13.5" CATERPILLAR C15 Crank Damper
- One Viscous Crankshaft Adapter Plate - Reference # 7E9520/1678126
- One Viscous Damper Spacer Plate 716406-000
This replacement CAT Vibration Damper for the Crankshaft offers:
- Increase in both horsepower and torque output levels.
- Better fuel efficiency
- Extends the life of the engine
- Improves valve timing
- Paintable steel finish
- Smoother Idle
- Lowers operator fatigue
Cross-references for this High Performance CATERPILLAR® Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Vibration Damper:
- Caterpillar V-7E9520
- Caterpillar 1678126
- Caterpillar V-1678126
Vibratech TVD® invented viscous damper technology in 1946 to control torsional vibrations on large diesel engines. Vibratech continues to make these Torsional Vibration Dampers in the USA! The Vibratech TVD - Torsional Vibration Damper products are manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art facility that is ISO 9001:2008 certified. Your diesel engine requires the best heavy duty torsional vibration damper available so purchase a Vibratech TVD Damper for your CAT Diesel.
The use of an overseas manufactured crank damper is penny wise and pound foolish! The Vibratech 716405-000 Heavy Duty Diesel Damper is made with a free rotation inertia ring surrounded by a viscous silicone fluid enclosed in a laser welded, sealed housing. Caterpillar crank dampers should be inspected on a regular basis. The replacement interval of the crankshaft damper is between 350K and 500K miles. If you just did an overhaul make sure you change the Engines Crankshaft Damper. Broken crankshafts make an overhaul look cheap!
NOTE: This Vibratech 716405-000 does not fit on the SDP versions of the CAT C-15 ACERT motors produced from 2008 to 2010!
This Heavy Duty CATERPILLAR® Crankshaft Damper is MADE IN THE USA!
VIBRATECH TORSIONAL VIBRATION DAMPERS TVD WARRANTY
VIBRATECH WARRANTY: All warranty claims must be made with your point of purchase.
LIMITED WARRANTY: Vibratech TVD warranty extends to the original purchaser only, and a copy of sales receipt must be provided. Keep your receipt.
Vibratech recommends that our customers have their Vibratech products installed by a certified technician or engine builder as the warranty does not cover installation errors. Vibratech offers a one-year warranty for defects in material and workmanship. The repair or replacement will be at Vibratech’s discretion. If purchased from Vibratech: To obtain warranty service, call customer service to receive a return authorization number.
Warranty Returns must include the RMA#, description of the problem, and a copy of the purchase invoice/receipt.
Warranty Returns shipped without an RMA# will not be processed.
Customers are responsible for freight charges to Vibratech.
If a Vibratech product is faulty, Vibratech will pay UPS Ground Freight when returning the product to the customer.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE AND IS NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
• Damper failure due to improper installation or maintenance.
• Loss or injury incurred from the use or operation of Vibratech products.
• Misuse, abuse, modifications, or unauthorized repairs.
• Removal or replacement cost.
• The cost incurred due to the downtime of the vehicle.
• Damage to other engine or vehicle components.
• Normal wear and tear.
• Use in racing applications or competitive purposes.
• Vibratech limited warranty coverage is subject to change due to uncontrolled circumstances with or without notice.
• Custom manufactured items are non-refundable.
Vibratech TVD reserves the right to make changes in design, additions to, or improvements in its standard products without liability to install, change, or improve any product manufactured and shipped prior thereto.