2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Intake Air Temperature Sensor
INTAKE AIR TEMP SENSOR - CUMMINS '07.5-'18 6.7L IN STOCK AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT
Your Cummins 6.7L turbo diesel engine uses an intake air temperature sensor to determine changes in the intake air stream. The intake air temperature sensor on your Dodge Ram truck with the 6.7L Cummins measures the ambient temperature of the intake air. The information transmitted to the computer uses this measurement to calculate the correct amount of ignition timing. This Cummins 2897332 Sensor must be functioning in its optimum range for peak engine performance.
NOTE: KLM Performance does not charge a CORE CHARGE on this part which provides you with additional saving on the purchase of the Cummins 2897332NX Intake Air Temperature Sensor.
The Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Replacement Air Intake Sensor applications:
- All 2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2009 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2011 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2012 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2013 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2014 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2015 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2016 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2017 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
- All 2018 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks.
The air inlet temperature changes are used to indicate engine load, boost, operational elevation, and other variables that enable your ECU to make necessary changes so your diesel can run at peak performance.
When the IAT sensor fails, inaccurate temperature information is sent to the ECU. If your 6.7L Cummins is now running with a rough idle, hard start, sputtering, loss of power and inadequate throttle response can be caused by a failing IAT Sensor - Intake Air Temperature Sensor. This 6.7L Cummins sensor is located on the cold air intake side.
Your 6.7L Cummins diesel engine is dependent upon the IAT Sensor - intake air temperature sensor to determine the temperature of the engine's incoming air. If the IAT sensor is not functioning properly, it can affect the way its computer makes temperature-based adjustments. A malfunctioning IAT sensor can cause these conditions to appear on your Dodge Ram truck:
On cold mornings a malfunctioning IAT sensor may cause your vehicle to take longer to start. The faulty IAT sensor tells the Cummins diesel engine computer that the air in the intake is a different temperature than it actually is and may cause the truck to obtain the improper fuel mixture to the engine.
The actual temperature of your engine's intake air affects the amount of fuel needed to operate your diesel engine properly. If the IAT is not working properly, the computer of the engine may provide an enriched fuel mixture than what is actually required. The enriched air-fuel mixture will have an effect on the performance of the engine, resulting in decreased fuel efficiency.
If your IAT sensor is not working properly and your 6.7L Cummins computer senses it, it will generate an error code causing your vehicle's check engine light to illuminate on the dashboard. If your IAT causes your check engine light to come on, you can attach a code reader to your OBD II port to obtain the listed error code. This code can then be diagnosed to determine an error code that corresponds to IAT problems.
If your Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel truck is experiencing decreased engine performance, it could be the 2897332 Air Intake Temperature Sensor.
Cummins Air Intake Sensor Cross References:
- Mopar 53034091AB
- Cummins 2897332NX
OEM Cummins Engine Sensors are an electrical component, and they are a Non-Returnable item.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 6.7L Cummins
- Item Number: Cummins 2897332NX
- Make: Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
- Year : 2007.5 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
- Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 2897332NX
- Product Application: 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 series trucks with the 6.7L Cummins Diesel.
- Height: 4
- Width: 5
- Brand: OEM Cummins Part
- FAQ: Where is the IAT sensor located on my Dodge Ram truck with the 6.7L Cummins? The Cummins 2897332 Intake Air Temperature Sensor is located on the top left side of the intake manifold. This sensor is located inside the number two intake runner. The second intake runner begins approximately Three inches from the front left side of the intake manifold. This 6.7L Cummins 2897332 IAT sensor is located inside the number two intake runner and is a two-wire sensor.
- Part Number: 2897332NX
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please ensure you have ordered the correct part for your 6.7L Cummins diesel engine!