Cummins 3931623 OEM Replacement Lifters or Tappets
Cummins 3931623 Factory Replacement Tappet for the 3.9L and 5.9L Cummins Diesels.
The Cummins 3931623 Lifters - Tappets Cummins for 1989 to 1998 Cummins Turbo Diesel. These OEM Cummins tappets are for use on the Cummins 3.9L and 5.9L Turbo Diesel engines. This Cummins 3931623 Tappet is the Original Equipment Manufacturer part. This OEM Tappet is the same tappet that was made and installed by Cummins at the factory.
These OEM Cummins Tappets are a complete set of replacement tappets for your engine:
- 8 Tappets for a Cummins 3.9L 4BT Diesel engine.
- 12 Tappets for a Cummins 5.9L 6BT Diesel engine.
These Cummins 3931623 Lifters, Tappets are a recommended replacement when installing a High Performance Camshaft in your Cummins Turbo Diesel engine. Installation of these new Cummins 3947759 3.9L 4BT Series and 5.9L 6BT Series engines Tappets are for high horsepower and High RPM engine builds or modifications. These Cummins tappets have a larger cam footprint than the stock eight and twelve Cummins Tappet. The more substantial contact of the Cummins tappet is used to ensure constant contact with a modified camshaft profile as the engine revolutions are increased. Using old tappets on a new camshaft could cause uneven wear on the camshaft itself. These Cummins tappets are sold individually so please make sure you order the correct quantity for your engine. A complete set of eight or twelve tappets is required for your modification.
The term tappet is widely used in relation to internal combustion engines. It is most commonly encountered as a maintenance task for overhead valve engines, that of 'adjusting the tappets'. This operation improves the overall clearance in the valve actuation system: typically 20 thousandths of an inch (0.5 mm). The name arises because it is the clearance of the tappets that are adjusted, even though the adjustment is not made to the tappets themselves.
Strictly speaking, the tappet is that part also termed a cam follower that runs on the camshaft and is made to move vertically by the action of the rotating cam. In an overhead valve engine, this tappet is fitted down in the engine block. From there it drives a long thin pushrod, up to the top of the engine, above the cylinder head. Here the rockers, arranged on a rocker shaft beneath the rocker cover, reverse the direction of the valve movement to press the valves downwards to open them.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 3.9L | 5.9L 12 Valve Engines
- Item Number : Cummins 3931623
- Make : : Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
- Year : 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998
- Manufacturer Part No : 3931623
- Product Application: 1989 to 1998 Cummins 4BT, 6BT Cummins 5.9L 3.9L Turbo Diesel
- Height: 4
- Width : 8
- Brand: Cummins
- FAQ :
- Part Number: 3931623
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!