Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Boost Pressure Sensor - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
The Cummins 3971106 Replacement MAP Sensor applications:
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels
- Tier 3 Marine 5.9 liter QSB engines.
- Tier 3 Marine 5.9 liter ISB engines.
The Boost Sensor for the Cummins 3971106 5.9L Cummins diesel engines is also known as:
- Boost Pressure Sensor
- Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
- MAP Sensor
- Pressure Temperature Sensor
Your 5.9L Cummins Turbo diesel engine uses a boost sensor / manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor to determine changes in the intake air stream. The boost pressure sensor in a turbocharged engine determines the air pressure in the intake manifold. The Boost Pressure Sensor monitors the speed and airflow pressure in the intake manifold. It ensures that the engine remains at its optimum performance level and receives the ideal air and fuel supply. These pressure changes are used to indicate engine load, boost, operational elevation, and other pressure variables that enable your ECU to make necessary changes so your diesel can run at peak performance. If your Dodge Ram 24 Valve ISBE Cummins Turbo Diesel truck is experiencing decreased engine performance, it could be the MAP sensor. This is an OEM Cummins Sensor with an oval wiring harness connector. The Boost sensor is located in your 5.9L Cummins intake manifold near cylinder number 5.
Cummins 3971106 cross-reference part numbers:
- Mopar 5139278AA
- Mopar 5093103AA
- Mopar 5093104AA
- Mopar 5139278AA
NOTE: Before you replace the MAP sensor on your 5.9L Cummins engine, check all of the connections and grounds first to see that they are good and clean. This OEM Cummins 3971106 MAP Sensor is an electrical component that is Non-Returnable. Please ensure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 5.9L Cummins
- Item Number: Cummins 3971106
- Make : Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model: 2500 | 3500
- Year : 2003 | 2004 | 2004.5 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007
- Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 3971106
- Product Application: 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 Series trucks with the 5.9L ISB Cummins and the Tier 3 QSB Marine Diesel.
- Height: 4
- Width: 5
- Brand: Cummins
- FAQ: What happens when the MAP Sensor is malfunctioning? If the MAP sensor is not working correctly, the engine performance is greatly decreased, and increased levels of smoke are apparent.
- Part Number: 3971106
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please ensure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!