5.9L Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor - Cummins 4921505 MAP Sensor Pressure
Dodge 5.9L Cummins Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor - Sensor Pressure
The MAP Sensor for the Cummins 4921505 5.9L diesel engines is also known as:
- Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
- MAP Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
Your 5.9L Cummins Turbo diesel engine uses a manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor to determine changes in the intake air stream. These pressure changes are used to indicate engine load, boost, operational elevation, and other pressure variables that enable your ECU to make necessary changes so your diesel can run at peak performance. If your Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel truck is experiencing decreased engine performance, it could be the MAP Sensor. This is an OEM Cummins Sensor with an oval wiring harness connector. The MAP sensor's location on your 5.9L Cummins intake manifold near cylinder number 5.
The Cummins 4921505 Replacement MAP Sensor applications:
- 2001 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels
- 2001 to 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels
Cummins 4921505 Engine Sensor Pressure / Map Sensor Cross References:
- Cummins 3417030
- Mopar 5083365AD
- Mopar 5017791AA
Features of the Cummins 4921505 Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor:
- OEM Cummins Part
- The highest Cummins Standards ensure a direct fit replacement
- The sensor ensures optimum engine performance.
NOTE: Before you replace the MAP sensor, check all of the connections and grounds first to see that they are good and clean. Engine Sensors are electrical components, and they are Non-returnable items.
NOTE: The installation of this Cummins 4921505 on a 2002 Dodge Ram truck with the 5.9L Cummins requires you to purchase the Cummins 3104228 MAP Sensor Wiring Harness for a 2002 Dodge Cummins 5.9L diesel.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation, reducing downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 5.9L Cummins
- Item Number: Cummins 4921505
- Make : : Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model: 2500 | 3500
- the year 2001 | 2002
- Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 4921505
- Product Application: 2001 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 Series trucks with the 5.9L Cummins Diesels
- Height: 4
- Width: 5
- Brand: Cummins
FAQ: What does the Map Sensor do in my diesel engine?
Diesel engines use the MAP sensor as an aid to control fuel injection precisely for the best engine performance possible based on the current conditions. The MAP sensor or Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor continuously monitors the air intake system pressure readings and then transmits this data to the ECU. The manifold absolute pressure sensor transmits data that is used to calculate: Air density, Mass Air Flow Rate, Optimum combustion performance, and or Advanced or Retarding Injection Timing.
- Part Number: 4921505
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please ensure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!