Cummins 4928594 Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor
The Cummins 4928594 Crankcase Pressure Sensor applications:
- 2007.5 to 2020 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2020 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2020 Dodge Ram 4500 diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2020 Dodge Ram 5500 diesel trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2020 6.7L Cummins ISB Diesel engine.
- Cummins ISX Series Diesel Engines
What does this Cummins 4928594 Crankcase Pressure Sensor Do?
With the release of the new Cummins diesel engine in 2007 to meet the stricter diesel emission standards the use of a regenerative emissions process was introduced. The Cummins diesel allows a percentage of spent crankcase gases back into the air intake prior to the turbocharger. These Cummins engines employ a closed crankcase ventilation system to further reduce emissions. The Cummins 4928594 6.7L Cummins and ISX Cummins engines incorporate the Cummins 4928594 Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor which is a Differential Sensor measuring the pressure difference between gas in the intake and the outtake of the Particulate Filter. This Cummins 4928594 Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor is responsible for providing the ECM with the exhaust pressure values in order to maintain the proper rates of regenerative gasses into the intake stream. The Exhaust Gas Sensor is another part of the complex pollution control systems integrated into todays for Diesel engines which are used to reduce harmful emissions.
This is an OEM Cummins 4928594 6.7L Cummins Crank Case Pressure that will help ensure a trouble-free operation of your diesel engine.
This OEM Cummins 4928594 exhaust back pressure sensor is a direct replacement for a failed or malfunctioning exhaust gas pressure sensor. Only a Cummins 4928594 pressure sensor will connect directly to the OEM electrical connector for a straightforward plug-and-play installation.
Symptoms of a Faulty Cummins Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor:
- Error Code P0471 exhaust pressure sensor,
- Unnecessary filter generations.
- The power output level decreases if the sensor is not detecting the filter saturation level.
- Illumination of the dashboard light for Particulate filter.
- Reduction of filter lifespan due to unnecessary regenerations.
- Increase in oil consumption.
- Increase in pollution levels.
This Cummins 4928594 Engine Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor supersedes the following parts:
- Cummins 4087989NX
- Cummins 4087989
- Cummins 4903479
- Cummins 4921746
This OEM Cummins 4928594 exhaust back pressure sensor cross-references:
KLM Performance recommends you complete a detailed inspection of the Sensor body, connector, and wiring to ensure no damage or corrosion is evident to the sensor body, sensor wiring harness or corrosion is evident.
This pressure sensor is an OEM Cummins part which is backed by the Cummins Warranty.