2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram Commonrail 6.7L Cummins FCA Fuel Control Actuator Sensor
The Dodge Ram trucks from 2007.5 to 2018 with the 6.7L Cummins diesel have an all too common problem of the fuel control actuator failing. The Cummins 4936097 FCA is an electronic metering device for the flow of fuel to the CP3 injection pump.
NOTE THIS MEASURING UNIT PART PART IS IN STOCK AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT
The 4936097 6.7L Electronic Fuel Control Actuator FCA applications:
- All 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 2500 series trucks.
- All 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 3500 series trucks.
- All 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 4500 series trucks.
- All 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 5500 series trucks.
- All 2019 to 2024 Dodge Ram trucks that have been converted back to a Bosch CP3 Fuel Injection Pump
Bosch Automotive 928400642 Bosch Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit Contains:
- One Bosch 0928400462 Measuring Unit
- Three Bosch Fuel Pressure Regulator Mounting Bolts9288400642
If the Cummins 4936097 FCA is not correctly functioning, the Engine Control Module / ECM cannot determine the fuel flow rate supplied to the CP3 Fuel injection Pump. In most cases, people first know there is an issue when they have a hard start or no start issue because the FCA will not allow the pump to build pressure to start correctly. However, by the time this occurs, the truck has probably been delivering less than the required amount of fueling for a while already as the FCA is a simple spring design that many times takes a rather slow death and not an immediate failure. The Engine Control Module / ECM uses the fuel control actuator to control the fuel pressure in the 6.7L common rail Dodge Ram diesel. The Fuel Control Actuator is an electronically controlled solenoid valve that is constructed with corrosion-resistant external housing for increased component durability.
The ECM controls the amount of fuel that enters the high-pressure pumping chambers by opening and closing the FCA based on demand. The fuel control actuator also controls the return of fuel back to the diesel fuel tank.
What are the symptoms of a failing 6.7L Cummins Fuel Control Actuator?
- Hard Starts
- No Start Condition
- Rough Idle
- Rattling Noise from the engine, which sounds like Fuel Knock.
- It decreased the engine power output level.
- Engine operation is rough.
- Engine RPM surging.
- Low Fuel Rail Pressure detected.
- High Fuel Rail Pressure detected.
A surging or loping idle.
This OEM Bosch Fuel Control Actuator - MROP Cross References:
- Mopar 68005241AA
- Cummins 4936097
A faulty 6.7L Cummins fuel pressure regulator causes these symptoms. Replacing your 6.7L Cummins fuel pressure regulator can resolve your problem and get you back on the road.
This BOSCH Electronic Fuel Control Actuator FCA is a perfect replacement for the OEM regulator in your 2007-2018 Cummins 6.7L. It helps to solve surging and loping idle issues, restoring optimal fuel pressure and performance.
If you're experiencing hard start or no start issues, one easy way to confirm whether or not the FCA is causing the problem is to unplug it, thus eliminating any metering simply. Presuming the truck starts, immediately turn it off as you will have full pressure running to the fuel rail, but at least you have reasonably high certainty that the FCA was causing the issue.
This Cummins 6.7L Electronic Fuel Control Actuator FCA is also referred to as a:
- Diesel Fuel Metering Unit
- FCA - Fuel Control Actuator
- FPR - Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Fuel Pressure Regulator
NOTE: This OEM Bosch part is an electrical component that is a Non-Returnable item. Please ensure you need this Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator part before you order!
Please take a look at this Cummins 4932790 Fuel Control Actuator Bolt Kit as we recommend the purchase of this three-piece bolt kit when replacing your FCA. If you misplace one of these FCA bolts during removal or installation you will leave your vehicle in an inoperable condition.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Bosch part?
- Genuine Bosch Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Bosch Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Bosch parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Bosch parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 6.7L Cummins
- Make : : Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
- Year : 2007.5 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
Manufacturer Part No: Bosch 0928400642
- Product Application: 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 and the 2019 Plus trucks with a CP3 Fuel Injection Pump Series Diesel trucks
- Height: 5
- Width : 4
- Brand: Cummins
- FAQ: Will the installation of a new FCA cure fluctuating fuel rail pressure issues? Yes the installation of a new Cummins 4936097 6.7L Electronic Fuel Control Actuator FCA will provide smooth and consistent fuel rail pressure in relation to pedal position and remove the annoying injector knock. Does this part work on the Bosch CP4 fuel injection pump? No this is not the correct part for installation in 2019 to current model Dodge Ram trucks with the 6.7L Cummins diesel.
Part Number: 0928400642
Manufacturer: Bosch 0928400642
- Product Note: Bosch Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!