OEM Cummins 3.9L and 5.9L 180 Degree Replacement Thermostat Kit
IN STOCK AND READY FOR SHIPMENT
This Cummins Thermostat is an Original Equipment Manufacturer part. This Cummins 180-Degree Thermostat is the same part that was made and installed at the factory. This replacement thermostat is the most current and up-to-date replacement 180-degree thermostat available from Cummins.
Keep your 1998-2007 Dodge Cummins 5.9L 24V diesel truck running at the ideal temperature with the Cummins 5292742 180 degree thermostat. This genuine Cummins OEM replacement thermostat is rated for 180°, helping to extend the life of your engine.
This Cummins 5292742 180 Degree Thermostat applications:
- 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 trucks with the 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine.
- Cummins 4BT 3.9L ISB engines
- Cummins 4BTA 3.9L ISB engines
- Cummins 6B I5.9L SB engines
- Cummins 6B I5.9L QSB engines
The Cummins 180 Degree Engine Coolant Thermostat Kit includes:
- Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat
- Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat Seal
The Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat and Seal Kit benefits:
- Designed as a direct replacement part to ensure straightforward installation.
- Constructed with OEM Cummins grade materials for long-term trouble-free operation.
- Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat Seal and Seal Kit ensure the proper operating temperature range of your engine.
The Cummins 5292742 180 Degree Thermostat Kit supersedes:
- Cummins 3967195
- Cummins 3946116
- Cummins 3943200
- Cummins 3935811
- Cummins 3954194 4ISB
Replacement OEM Cummins 180 Degree Thermostat and Seal Kit are for the select 3.9L Cummins, and 5.9L Cummins Dodge Ram Cummins powered trucks.
NOTE: The image portrayed is not an accurate representation of the Cummins 5292742 180 Degree Thermostat.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 3.9L Cummins 4BT and 4BTA | 5.9L Cummins
- Item Number: Cummins 5292742
- Make: Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500
- Year : 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007
- Manufacturer Part No: 5292742
- Product Application: 1998.5 to 2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins and 1989 to 1998 Cummins 3.9L 4BT and 4BTA diesel engines.
- Height: 5
- Width : 5
- Brand: Cummins
FAQ: What does the Dodge Ram 180 Degree Thermostat do?
The Dodge Ram Cummins 180-degree Thermostat allows low-temperature coolant from the radiator into the engine to keep the operating temperature within a predetermined range.
What are the warning signs that you may have a defective thermostat?
The warning signs that you are operating a Dodge Cummins 5.9L with a bad thermostat are the inability to generate engine heat or the operation of high engine coolant temperatures. These are signs the thermostat is now stuck in the open or closed position. A defective thermostat will cause the engine to operate below the correct operating temperature or overheat.
What is the best advice on how to correct these symptoms?
If you are currently experiencing any of these symptoms it's time to replace the Cummins 5292742 180 Degree Thermostat yourself in order to alleviate this issue.
What if I choose a lower-priced Thermostat?
The use of a less expensive thermostat is a prime example of you get what you pay for. The Cummins turbo diesel is designed for peak operating performance when it runs at the correct operating temperature. We have had many customers purchase the OEM Cummins thermostat after learning this lesson.
- Part Number: 5292742
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!