Dodge 6.7L Cummins Common Rail Fuel Pressure Sensor
The Cummins 5297640 Fuel Pressure Sensor applications:
- 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 4500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 5500 trucks with the 6.7L Cummins engine.
- 2007.5 to 2012 QSB 6.7L Cummins engine.
What does this Cummins 5297640 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Do?
This Cummins, 5297640 fuel rail pressure sensor is used to sense the amount of fuel in the fuel rail by reading the internal pressure of the common rail.
The common rail pressure sensor then sends an electronic message to the Power Control Module / PCM to precisely determine how much fuel needs to be released into the engine. The fuel rail pressure sensor in the Common Rail 6.7L diesel measures the pressure of the fuel supplied to the fuel injectors. This pressure signal is used by the PCM to adjust the fuel injector pulse width and duration while metering fuel to each cylinder during the combustion cycle.
This replacement fuel rail pressure sensor is a Genuine Cummins part. The Cummins 6.7L fuel rail pressure sensor communicates with the fuel control actuator through the ECM. The fuel rail pressure sensor for the Cummins 6.7L diesel is located at the end of the fuel rail.
The Cummins 6.7L fuel rail pressure sensor is located on the back of the common rail. The fuel pressure sensor consists of a high-grade spring steel diaphragm with an attached strain gauge. The sensor's internal diaphragm deflection changes the resistance of the strain gauge.
The Engine Control Module supplies the 5 volt supply voltage and ground for the fuel pressure sensor.
The Cummins 5297640 fuel rail pressure sensor uses a knife-edge seal at its connection point to the fuel rail.
Symptoms of a Faulty Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Common Rail Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor:
- Difficulty Starting the engine.
- Engine losses power.
- Rough, erratic engine operation.
- Engine loses power and then regains power.
- P0193 Fuel Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input Code Displayed.
This Cummins Sensor, Pressure part number 5297640 is now the most current part number available. This pressure sensor part also cross-references to the following parts numbers:
- Cummins 5297640
- Cummins 5261237
- Cummins 4937283
- Cummins 4930429
- Mopar 68002436AA
- Mopar 68002436AB
- Mopar 68002436AC
- Mopar 68002436AD
The Cummins 5297640 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor is located at the end of the fuel rail and depicted as part number 10 in the exploded view illustration. This pressure sensor is an OEM Cummins part that is backed by the Cummins Warranty.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 6.7L Cummins
- Item Number: Cummins 5297640
- Make : : Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
- Year : 2007.5 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012
- Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 5297640
- Product Application: 2007.5 to 2012 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins
- Height: 4
- Width : 5
- Brand: Cummins
FAQ: What happens when the Cummins 5297640 6.7L Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor fails? This Cummins, 5297640 fuel rail pressure sensor is used to sense the amount of fuel in the fuel rail by reading the internal pressure of the common rail. A malfunctioning rail sensor will cause improper injection timing, pulse width, and a noticeable decrease in engine performance.
- Part Number: 5297640
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: The Cummins 5297640 sensor is located at the end of the common rail and works directly with the Fuel Control Actuator / FCA to maintain the correct level of fuel rail pressure. The fuel rail pressure level is required to achieve optimum engine performance. Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!