OEM Cummins Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor For Cummins Diesel Engines
This Cummins 5297641 Pressure Sensor Applications:
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel.
- 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel.
- 2003 to 2009 5.9L Cummins ISB Series Engines.
- Cummins 6C8.3
- Cummins ISC 8.3L
- Cummins QSC 8.3L
- Cummins QSL9
- Cummins ISL9
- Cummins B 3.9L
- Cummins B 4.5L
- Cummins B 5.9L
- Cummins QSB
What does this Cummins 5297641 Fuel Rail High-Pressure Sensor Do?
- This Cummins 5297641 fuel rail high-pressure sensor senses the amount of fuel in the fuel rail by reading the internal pressure of the rail.
- The pressure sensor then sends an electronic message to the Power Control Module PCM telling it precisely how much fuel needs to be released into the engine.
- The fuel rail pressure sensor measures the pressure of the fuel being supplied to the fuel injectors.
- This pressure signal is used by the PCM to adjust the fuel injector pulse width and duration while metering fuel to each cylinder during the combustion cycle.
Symptoms of a Faulty Cummins 5297641 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor:
- Difficulty Starting the engine.
- Engine losses power.
- Rough erratic engine operation.
- Engine loses power and then regains power.
- P0193 Fuel Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input Code Displayed.
The Cummins 5297641 is the most current version of this sensor available as it supersedes the following parts:
The Cummins 5297641 Sensor Cross References:
This fuel rail pressure sensor is an OEM Cummins Part covered by the Manufacturers Two Year Warranty.
NOTE: Please make sure you have ordered the correct Cummins Senor for your engine. If you have any questions please email us with your ESN - Engine Serial Number and we will gladly verify proper fitment for your engine.