OEM Mopar 05179958AB Replacement Front ABS Wheel Speed Sensor
This Mopar 05179958AB ABS Wheel Speed Sensor is a direct Front Only OEM Chrysler replacement part.
Mopar 05179958AB ABS Wheel Speed Sensor works on the following Dodge Ram trucks.
- 2006 to 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 2WD and 4WD models.
- 2006 to 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 2WD and 4WD models.
What the Mopar 05179958AB ABS Wheel Speed Sensor does:
Your 2006 to 2010 Dodge Ram pickup is equipped with anti-lock brakes. The Mopar 05179958AB Front ABS Wheel Speed Sensor works in conjunction with the anti-lock brake system by interpreting the rotational speed of the tire through a magnetic signal. The Mopar 05179958AB ABS Wheel Speed Sensor can tell if a tire stops rotating or locks up, and it sends that signal to the anti-lock brake system so it can relieve pressure and allow the wheel to turn. The Mopar 05179958AB, ABS Wheel Speed Sensors, mount on each front wheel, record individual wheel speeds, and activate a signal after the car is traveling at approximately 3 to 5 mph.
NOTE: This Mopar 05179958AB ABS Wheel Speed Sensor is for the front axle in your Dodge Ram pickup!
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 5.7L V8 | 5.9L Cummins | 6.7L Cummins
- Flow Rate :
- Item Number: Mopar 05179958AB8
- Make: Dodge | Ram
- Model: 2500 | 3500
- Year : 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010
- Manufacturer Part No: 05179958AB
- Product Application: 2006 to 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 Series 2WD and 4WD trucks.
- Height: 4
- Width: 8
- Brand: MOPAR
- FAQ: What happens to the trucks Anti Lock Brake System when the ABS Sensors is impaired? When the ABS computer finds a problem with a wheel speed sensor or its circuit, warning lights will appear, alerting you to a problem with the ABS system. The ABS computer may also turn on the traction and stability control warning light if your truck is equipped with those systems. If the ABS computer detects a problem with the ABS wheel speed sensor on the circuit, it may disable the ABS system. If a bad wheel speed sensor is detected, the ABS computer will also disable the stability and traction control systems. Replacement of a Bad ABS Wheel Speed Sensor must be addressed in order to maintain the brake system performance.
- Part Number: 05179958AB
- Manufacturer: Mopar
- Product Note: The Mopar 0517 9958AB ABS Wheel Speed Sensor is vital to your vehicle's Anti Lock Brake System.