Mopar 68188401AA electrical relay for air intake grid heater
1994 To 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 Series trucks with the 5.9L Cummins Diesel. This Chrysler Air Intake Heater Grid Relay contains two relays and the bracket required for the operation of the Air Intake Heater.
KLM Performance offers this part as a Brand New OEM Mopar 68188401AA replacement heater intake air grid intake relay for the complete repair of your poor start condition.
Mopar 68188401AA relay applications:
- 1994 To 1998 Ram 2500 and 3500 with Cummins 5.9L 12 Valve diesel engines.
- 1998.5 to 2002 Ram 2500 and 3500 with Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve diesel engines.
The Cummins 5.9L 12-valve and 24-valve diesel engines do not use glow plugs during the cold startup process. This Cummins engine is equipped with a heater grid relay that is used to activate the heater grid, which is located directly between the air horn and intake manifold. The heater grid heats the incoming air during startup to ensure a quick start in cold weather.
Warning signs your Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Relay needs to be replaced:
- Longer crank times in cold weather.
- More frequent crank periods before the engine fires.
- Increased white smoke during cold starts.
- A hard-to-start condition is present during cold weather.
The replacement of the Intake Heater Relay or Bracket on the 1998.5 to 2002 Dodge Cummins powered trucks requires only one Mopar 68188401AA relay.
The Mopar 68188401AA relay succeeds the following part numbers:
- Mopar 56026842
- Cummins 3924594
- Cummins 3969987
This 68188401AA Air Intake Heater Relay is a genuine OEM Mopar part that is covered by the Mopar replacement parts warranty.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 5.9L Cummins
- Item Number: Mopar 68188401AA
- Make : Dodge | Ram
- Model: 2500 | 3500
- Year : 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002
- Manufacturer Part No: 68188401AA
- Product Application: 1994 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 series trucks with the 5.9L Cummins diesel.
- Height: 6
- Width: 6
- Brand: Mopar
FAQ: What is the purpose of a Mopar 68188401AA Heater Grid Relay?
The Heater Grid Relays are switches that open and close circuits electronically. The Heater Grid Relay controls one electrical circuit used to power the engine Heater Grid. The heater grid relay controls the opening and closing contacts in this circuit to activate the operation of the heater grid.
- Part Number" 68188401AA
- Manufacturer: Mopar
- Product Note: The Mopar 68188401AA Intake Heater Grid Relay supplies power to the intake heater on the 1994 to 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 series trucks with the 5.9L Cummins.