Vibratech 1461704-O00 Vibration Balancer is a Severe Duty Diesel Damper for the Cummins ISX Engine Series With High Horsepower Levels.
Cummins ISX Series Replacement Damper Applications:
- Cummins ISX engines
- Cummins ISX Signature 600 engines
- Cummins QSX engines
- Cummins ISX CM870
- Cummins ISX CM570
- Cummins ISX15 CM871
- Cummins ISX15 CM2250
- Cummins ISX15 CM2350
A Vibratech TVD Cummins ISX Severe Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper automatically self-tunes to optimum damping of torsional crankshaft vibrations in real-time. This High Quality American Made Cummins Diesel Crankshaft Damperis critical to extending crankshaft life beyond 500,000 miles. This Cummins ISX Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper controls torsional vibrations, improves the smooth engine operation while revving and under heavy load.
This new product from Vibratech TVD is the primary product in the Severe Duty crankshaft damper model for Cummins ISX / X15 engines. This product is designed to handle all of the conditions presented by Over-the-road truck operators and heavy duty diesel technicians. This Servere Duty Damper was designed to address excessive wear rates, crankshaft failure, and front gear noise presented with the OEM Cummins Crankshaft Damper.
The Vibratech TVD Severe Duty damper is more robust than the traditional Vibratech TVD Heavy Duty standard ISX / X15 replacement. What differentiates this damper from the other ISX series dampers available? The rotating damper assembly offers an increased weight of the inertia ring damping mass to 54.7 lbs. This Dampers durability is also improved for continuous operations in high ambient temperatures above 100 Degrees Farienheight or 38 Degrees Celcius.
Vibratech TVD recommends the Severe Duty damper if experiencing front gear noise, power output above 600 hp, and/or in long haul trucks with multiple trailers. Other applications may include high-temperature environments, logging, mining, and construction.
What could happen if you do not replace your Cummins ISX Diesel Damper at the appropriate service interval?
The use of a worn or damaged viscous damper will lead to catastrophic engine failure. This had happened to many owner-operators when this item was overlooked while completing an in-frame overhaul. Replacing the vibration damper will not fix wear or undue neglect of the proper maintenance protocols of the engine components. Vibratech does not recommend or endorse re-using viscous dampers.
Vibratech TVD Cummins ISX Diesel Crankshaft Damper 718041-600 is a direct bolt-on American Made fluid-filled viscous damper. The Vibratech Cummins ISX Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper is a precision-made superior quality torsional vibration damper. The Vibratech 1461704-000 is a Severe Duty Replacement Diesel Damper for the Cummins ISX engine. The Vibratech 718041-600 Diesel Viscous Damper works on the entire Cummins ISX15 and Signature 600 engine series with power ratings over 600 HP.
The Cummins ISX Severe Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper from Vibratech offers:
- Reduced Cummins ISX engine vibrations
- Increases the horsepower and torque
- A viscous damper reduces wear on the engines main bearings
- Better fuel efficiency
- Extends the life of the engine
- Improves valve timing
- Quiets Slapping Belts
- Proven to reduce driver fatigue from excessive vibrations
- Paintable steel finish
This Cummins ISX High Performance Torsional Vibration Damper cross-reference:
- Cummins 4101884
- Cummins 4026799
- Cummins 3680504
Vibratech TVD® invented the viscous damper technology in 1946 and continued to make these Cummins ISX Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Dampers in the USA!
The Cummins ISX Diesel Crankshaft Damper from Vibratech features:
- A Harmonic Damper is categorized as a vicious crankshaft damper or balancer.
- Designed with a free rotation inertia ring surrounded by a viscous silicone fluid.
- The Damper is enclosed in a laser welded, sealed housing.
- Cummins ISX Diesel Crankshaft Damper is manufactured in a registered state-of-the-art ISO 9001-2008certified facility.
- No maintenance is required on the Vibratech Cummins ISX Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper
- Vibratech viscous dampers for the Cummins ISX diesel are computer balanced and hermetically sealed at the time of manufacturing.
- Vibratech TVD viscous dampers are made to control torsional vibrations at all engine speeds and power levels.
- Constructed of steel, there are certified for disposal at a recycling center.
- No maintenance is required on the Vibratech Cummins ISX Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper.
- This viscous engine damper automatically self-tunes to optimize the damping of crankshaft torsional vibrations in real-time.
- Only a precision viscous damper can increase the life of your Cummins ISX diesel.
- Offered as a direct bolt-on replacement crankshaft damper for the Cummins ISX series diesel engines.
- Controls the destructive torsional vibrations produced during combustion.
Your Cummins diesel engine needs the best torsional vibration damper available so purchase a Vibratech TVD Viscous Damper. Only the use of a viscous damper will control torsional vibrations and prolong the life of your motor.The Cummins ISX series damper replacement is between 350K and 500K miles.The use of an overseas manufactured diesel damper is penny wise and pound foolish!
NOTE: If you do not replace your vehicle's Cummins ISX Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper at the appropriate service interval, a worn viscous damper will lead to catastrophic engine failure. Replacing the vibration damper does not fix wear or extreme neglect of proper maintenance to the engine components. Vibratech TVD does not recommend or endorse re-using viscous dampers. Any tampering to the housing to recondition the damper may reduce its effectiveness and cause engine damage. Vibratech TVD viscous dampers for the control of torsional vibration are constructed of steel for disposal at a recycling center.
The Cummins ISX Heavy Duty Diesel Crankshaft Damper by Vibratech isMADE IN THE USA!
VIBRATECH TORSIONAL VIBRATION DAMPERS TVD WARRANTY
VIBRATECH WARRANTY: All warranty claims must be made with your point of purchase.
LIMITED WARRANTY: Vibratech TVD warranty extends to the original purchaser only, and a copy of sales receipt must be provided. Keep your receipt.
Vibratech recommends that our customers have their Vibratech products installed by a certified technician or engine builder as the warranty does not cover installation errors. Vibratech offers a one-year warranty for defects in material and workmanship. The repair or replacement will be at Vibratech’s discretion. If purchased from Vibratech: To obtain warranty service, call customer service to receive a return authorization number.
Warranty Returns must include the RMA#, description of the problem, and a copy of the purchase invoice/receipt.
Warranty Returns shipped without an RMA# will not be processed.
Customers are responsible for freight charges to Vibratech.
If a Vibratech product is faulty, Vibratech will pay UPS Ground Freight when returning the product to the customer.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE AND IS NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
• Damper failure due to improper installation or maintenance.
• Loss or injury incurred from the use or operation of Vibratech products.
• Misuse, abuse, modifications, or unauthorized repairs.
• Removal or replacement cost.
• The cost incurred due to the downtime of the vehicle.
• Damage to other engine or vehicle components.
• Normal wear and tear.
• Use in racing applications or competitive purposes.
• Vibratech limited warranty coverage is subject to change due to uncontrolled circumstances with or without notice.
• Custom manufactured items are non-refundable.
Vibratech TVD reserves the right to make changes in design, additions to, or improvements in its standard products without liability to install, change, or improve any product manufactured and shipped prior thereto.