Without the ARP 247-4202 Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit installed in your motor, you run a real risk of stretching your stock head bolts. Extended head bolts cause head gasket failure. The ARP 247-4202 Dodge Cummins Diesel Head Studs are good insurance against the all too common Cummins head gasket failure. There is not a better stud kit manufacturer on the market today than ARP. The ARP 247-4202 Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit is constructed with an ARP2000 alloy that is rated better than aircraft quality alloys. Cylinder head alignment and gasket mating are a snap when using the ARP 247-4202 Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit. Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit is required when boost levels over 36 PSI occur on your 24 Valve Cummins Common Rail Dodge diesel.
The ARP 247-4202 Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit features:
Studs are placed vertically in special racks and precisely heat-treated to 200,000 psi.
After the heat treatment, these Diesel Head Studs are thread rolled which gives them superior fatigue strength.
No better cylinder head studs available at any cost
8740 alloy is rated better than aircraft quality
All ARP studs feature rolled threads
Studs make gasket and cylinder head alignment a snap
Used by top professional engine builders in all forms of racing
ARP produces the most reliable diesel head studs for the Dodge Ram with the 5.9L Cummins and the 6.7L Cummins. We wouldn't recommend these ARP Head bolts if we did not use them ourselves. The ARP Pro Series Cylinder Head Stud Kits will keep your head attached and your head gasket leak-free!
Dodge Cummins 5.9L, and 6.7L 24V ARP2000 Head Stud Kit 1998.5 To Present ARP Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit is MADE IN THE USA!
INSTALLATION METHOD FOR THE ARP 247-4202 HEAD STUD KIT
1. Always verify the part number for your application with the part number on the side of the box and the part number on the instruction sheet prior to the start of the engine reassembly. This will help ensure you have the correct installation procedure for your specific application before installing any components.
2. Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length, and dimension.
3. To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block. Chase if necessary with ARP Thread Chaser, part number 912-0008 (M12 X 1.75). 4. If the cylinder head studs protrude into a water jacket, lubricate the block threads of the studs with ARP THREAD SEALER.
5. Screw studs into the block “HAND TIGHT ONLY”. Note: The 6.625 in. long studs in this kit install along the exhaust manifold side of the cylinder head in the No. 3, 6, 11, 14, 19, and 22nd position of the factory torque sequence.
NOTE:LOCTITE MAY BE USED IF A PERMANENT MOUNTING OF THE STUDS IS PREFERRED. THE FASTENERS, HOWEVER, MUST BE TORQUED PRIOR TO THE LOCTITE SETTING UP.
6. Install the cylinder head(s) and check for binding or misalignment.
7. Lubricate the stud threads, nuts, and washers with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT. Then install the washers and the nuts onto the studs and tighten them hand tight. ARP recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with each kit as opposed to motor oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when motor oil or other low-quality lubricants are used.
TORQUE PRELOAD RECOMMENDATIONS
8. Following the manufacturer's recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 150 ft-lbs with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT.
NOTE: ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant has been specifically designed to reduce tension preload scatter and eliminate the need to cycle high performance engine fasteners before final installation. ARP Ultra-Torque far surpasses all requirements offered by previous ARP lubricants in terms of fastener preload repeatability and performance lubricating properties.
The ARP 247-4202 Head Studs are the fix to a problem of a blown head gasket on the 6.7L Cummins diesel engine. The use of improved ARP head-to-block fasteners provides dramatically increased levels of clamping force when compared to the factory head bolts. When you are replacing the gaskets and seals contained within the Cummins 4955354 6.7L ISB Upper Engine Kityou have already spent a great deal of time and money to ensure the cylinder head has been properly resurfaced. After you have inspected the engine block for trueness it is now time to seal the engine with an improved fastener. This is where the use of an improved faster will ensure you do not repeat this process again.
Engine: 5.9L Cummins | 6.7L Cummins
Item Number: ARP 247-4202
Alloy : ARP2000
Power Rating : Up to 750 Horsepower and 80 pounds of Boost