ARP Diesel Custom Age 625+ Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit
ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625 Plus Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit
The ARP 247-4204 Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit applications:
- 1998.5 to 2007 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins diesel engines.
- 2007.5 to Current model Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins diesel engines.
ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625+ Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit contains:
- 26 Studs, Nuts, and Washers.
- ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant
- Installation instructions
The ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625+ Cummins Diesel Head Stud features:
- The highest tensile strength ranges available from 260,000 to 280,000 psi.
Made In The USA at the ISO 9001 certified facility in Santa Paula, CA.
- Designed for the Dodge Ram trucks with the Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L Dodge 24 Valve Cummins.
- There are no stronger cylinder head studs available than the ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625 Plus Cummins Diesel Head Studs.
- Fasteners finished in a Black oxide coating for corrosion and abrasion resistance.
- Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit includes 12-pt nuts & parallel ground washer.
- Proper cylinder head alignment and gasket mating are a snap.
ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625 Plus Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kits benefits:
- Are required when boost levels over 40 PSI occur on your 24V or Common Rail Dodge Cummins.
- Without the ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625 Plus Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit, you run will face head gasket failure at high boost levels.
- ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625 Plus Cummins Diesel Head Stud Kit is good insurance against head gasket failure.
ARP Pro Series Diesel Custom Age 625+ Head Stud Kit 247-4204 Installation Instructions. KLM Performance recommends the review of these instructions prior to the start of any work!
INSTALLATION METHOD FOR THE ARP 247-4204 CUSTOM AGE 625 HEAD STUD KITS
1. Always verify the part number for your application with the part number on the side of the box and the part number on the instruction sheet prior to the start of the engine reassembly. This will help ensure you have the correct installation procedure for your specific application before installing any components.
2. Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper fit, length, and dimension.
3. To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block. Chase if necessary with ARP Thread Chaser, part number 912-0008 (M12 X 1.75). 4. If the cylinder head studs protrude into a water jacket, lubricate the block threads of the studs with ARP THREAD SEALER.
5. Screw studs into the block “HAND TIGHT ONLY”. Note: The 6.625 in. long studs in this kit install along the exhaust manifold side of the cylinder head in the No. 3, 6, 11, 14, 19, and 22nd position of the factory torque sequence.
NOTE: LOCTITE MAY BE USED IF A PERMANENT MOUNTING OF THE STUDS IS PREFERRED. THE FASTENERS, HOWEVER, MUST BE TORQUED PRIOR TO THE LOCTITE SETTING UP.
6. Install the cylinder head(s) and check for binding or misalignment.
7. Lubricate the stud threads, nuts, and washers with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT. Then install the washers and the nuts onto the studs and tighten them hand tight. ARP recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with each kit as opposed to motor oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies in the clamping force of the fasteners when motor oil or other low-quality lubricants are used.
TORQUE PRELOAD RECOMMENDATIONS
8. Following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 150ft lbs with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT.
NOTE: ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant has been specifically designed to reduce tension preload scatter and eliminate the need to cycle high performance engine fasteners before final installation. ARP Ultra-Torque far surpasses all requirements offered by previous ARP lubricants in terms of fastener preload repeatability and performance lubricating properties.
The ARP 247-4204 Head Studs are the fix to a problem of a blown head gasket on the
6.7L Cummins diesel engine. The use of improved ARP head-to-block fasteners provides dramatically increased levels of clamping force when compared to the factory head bolts. When you are replacing the gaskets and seals contained within the Cummins 4955354 6.7L ISB Upper Engine Kit you have already spent a great deal of time and money to ensure the cylinder head has been properly resurfaced. After you have inspected the engine block for trueness it is now time to seal the engine with an improved fastener. This is where the use of an improved faster will ensure you do not repat this process again.
engine: 5.9L Cummins | 6.7L Cummins
Item Number: ARP 247-4204
Make: : Dodge
Model: 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
Year: 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020
Manufacturer Part No: ARP 247-4204
Product Application: 1998.5 to Present Model Dodge 5.9L and 6.7L Cummins diesel engines
Part Number: 247-4204
Product Note: The ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625+ Cummins Diesel Head Stud provides the highest level of clamping power available to keep the cylinder head on your Cummins diesel engine. The tensile strength range available from the ARP 247-4204 Custom Age 625+ Cummins Diesel Head Kit is between 260,000 to 280,000 psi.