ARP 247-5401 Dodge Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve 2-Bolt Main Stud Kit
This Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit applications:
- 1997 to 1998 5.9L Dodge 12 Valve Cummins turbo diesel engines
- 1998.5 to 2002 5.9L Dodge 24 Valve Cummins turbo diesel engines.
- 2003 to 2006 5.9L Dodge 24 Valve Cummins turbo diesel engines.
The ARP 247-5401 Dodge Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit features:
- Made from the Applied Racing Products proprietary ARP2000® material.
- Capable of achieving a clamping load of 220,000 psi.
- Sold as a complete kit containing the12 point nuts and parallel-ground washers.
- Finished in a Black oxide coating for corrosion and abrasion resistance.
- Meets or exceeds the most stringent aerospace specifications.
- All ARP Dodge Cummins Diesel Main Studs are MADE IN THE USA!
- Simply stated, there is not a better main stud kit on the market then the ARP 247-5401 Dodge 5.9L Cummins Diesel Main Stud Kit.
- ARP2000 is an alloy steel that can be safely heat treated to a higher level, producing a greater strength material than the ARP 8740 alloy. While 8740 and ARP2000 share similar characteristics, the ARP2000 is capable of achieving a clamp load at 220,000 psi.
NOTE: These ARP Dodge Ram Cummins main studs will work on a 2003 to 2006 Dodge 5.9L engines with additional machining required for clearance issues on the stock block stiffener.
engine: 5.9L Cummins
Item Number: ARP 247-5401
Make: : Dodge | Cummins
Model: 2500 | 3500
Year: 1997 | 1998 | 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006
Manufacturer Part No: 247-5401
Product Application: Late 1997 to 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 Series trucks with the 5.9L Cummins
FAQ: Do I need to install an ARP Main Stud Kit in my Cummins 5.9L Motor?
These ARP main studs are designed to hold down the main bearing caps which secure the crankshaft in your engine block. The ARP main studs dramatically reduce the main cap walking and fretting. These ARP main stud kits are designed to keep the crankshaft securely locked in place within your motor. Using the proper fasteners to complete this job will help ensure a trouble-free life for your high performance engine.
Part Number: 247-5401
Manufacturer: ARP - Automotive Racing Products
Product Note: This ARP 5.9L Cummins is an American made product designed to keep your lower end together when power levels are increased.