Mopar 5187880AC Dodge Ram 5.9L and 6.7L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid Relay
The Mopar 5187880AC Cummins Diesel Air Intake Manifold Heater Grid Relay applications:
- 2006 to 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2006 to 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 with 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 2500 with 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 3500 with 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 4500 with 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
- 2007.5 to 2018 Dodge Ram 5500 with 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel Engines.
KLM Performance offers this part as a Brand New OEM Mopar heater grid intake relay for the complete repair of your poor start condition in cold weather. The Mopar 5187880AC intake heater grid relay is a vital part of the operation of the intake heater grid.
The Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L diesel engines do not use glow plugs during the cold startup process. The Cummins diesel engine is equipped with a relay that is used to activate the intake heater grid which is located directly between the air horn and intake manifold. The intake heater grid heats the incoming air charge during a cold startup to ensure a quick start in cold weather. The replacement of the Intake Heater Relay or Mopar Bracket on the 2006 to 2018 Dodge Cummins requires only one Mopar 5187880AC relay.
Warning signs your Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins, or 6.7L Cummins Diesel Air Intake Heater Grid Relay needs replacement:
- Longer crank times in cold weather.
- More frequent crank periods before the engine fires.
- Increased white smoke during cold starts.
- A hard to start condition present during cold weather.
The Mopar 5187880AC succeeds the following Mopar Bracket part numbers:
- Mopar 5187880AA
- Mopar 5187880AB
- Mopar 56029173AA
- Mopar 56029173AB
This Relay is a genuine OEM Moparpart which is backed by the Mopar replacement parts warranty.
Engine: 5.9L Cummins | 6.7L Cummins
Item Number: Mopar 5187880AC
Make: Dodge | Ram
Model: 2500 | 3500 | 4500 | 5500
Year: 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
Manufacturer Part No: Mopar 5187880AC
Product Application: 2006 to 2018 Dodge Ram trucks with the 5.9L Cummins and 6.7L Cummins diesel.
FAQ: When will by Cummins uses the Mopar 5187880AC relay to aid with cold weather starts? This Cummins Intake Heater Grid Relay on the 2006 to 2018 Dodge Ram trucks will be used when the ambient air temperature is below 66.09 degrees Fahrenheit.
Part Number: 5187880AC
Product Note : Cummins diesel engines use an intake manifold air heater element assembly which is located at the top of the intake manifold. This air heater element is used to pre-heat incoming air charge to the intake manifold. This heated air charge is used to aid starting of your Cummins diesel engine when temperatures drop as well as improve driveability with cold outside temperatures.