Dodge 5.9L Cummins Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor - Sensor Pressure
The Cummins 4921497 Replacement MAP Sensor applications:
- 1998.5 to 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels
- 1998.5 to 2000 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesels
The MAP Sensor for the Cummins 4921497 5.9L diesel engines is also known as:
- Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
- MAP Sensor
Features of the Cummins 4921497 Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor:
- OEM Cummins Part
- Highest Cummins Standards ensure a direct fit replacement
- The sensor ensures optimum engine performance.
Your Cummins Turbo diesel engine uses a manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor to determine changes in the intake air stream. These pressure changes are used to indicate engine load, boost, operational elevation, and other pressure variables that enable your ECU to make necessary changes so your diesel can run at peak performance. If your Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel truck is experiencing decreased engine performance, it could be the MAP sensor. This is an OEM Cummins Sensor with an oval wiring harness connector. The MAP sensor is located in your 5.9L Cummins intake manifold near cylinder number 5.
NOTE: Before you replace the MAP sensor, check all of the connections and grounds first to see that are good and clean.
This OEM 5.9L Cummins 4921497 MAP Sensor Benefits:
- Purchasing Genuine Cummins parts means you get a precision-designed product.
- Cummins parts are manufactured at state-of-the-art facilities.
- Cummins Parts are constructed with strict quality control measures and diligent testing to ensure the replacement parts perform at Cummins factory-specified efficiency levels.
- Genuine Cummins parts come with a full factory warranty, giving you peace of mind and financial protection.
- Only Genuine Cummins parts provide the reliability and durability you need to stay on the road.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 5.9L Cummins
- Item Number: Cummins 4921497
- Make : Cummins | Dodge | Ram
- Model : 2500 | 3500
- Year : 1998.5 | 1999 | 2000
- Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 4921497
- Product Application: 1998.5 to 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 series trucks with the 5.9L Cummins Diesels
- Height: 4
- Width : 5
- Brand: Cummins
FAQ: What does the Map Sensor do in my diesel engine?
Diesel engines use the MAP sensor as an aid to control fuel injection precisely for the best engine performance possible based on the current conditions. The MAP sensor or Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor continuously monitors the air intake system pressure readings and then transmits this data to the ECU. The manifold absolute pressure sensor transmits data that is used to calculate: Air density, Mass Air Flow Rate, Optimum combustion performance, and or Advanced or Retarding Injection Timing.
Part Number: 4921497
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!