FASS XWS-1002 Water Separator Filter
The FASS XWS-1002 Water Separator is the replacement Water Separator Filter Element for:
- Select FASS Titanium Series
- FASS 150 Series Pumps
- FASS HD Series Pumps
- Versatile Series Pumps.
The FASS XWS-1002 Extreme Water Separator Filter specifications:
- Filters diesel fuel at a Two Micron level.
- Removes entrained water from your diesel fuel.
- Removes emulsified water from your diesel fuel.
KLM Performance recommends keeping a spare set of the FASS 150 Replacement Filters in your truck at all times. Having an additional set of filters onboard will save you a lot of time and trouble when you get a bad load of fuel. The XWS-1002 Water Separator Filter has now been replaced with the new and improved Cummins Filtration FS1001 Fuel Water Separator filter manufactured by Fleetguard.
This FASS Titanium Series Fuel Air Separation Diesel Fuel Filer is sold as a Fleetguard FS-1001 10 Micron rated premium grade diesel fuel water separator filter. FASS has discontinued the sale of the FASS FS-1001 diesel fuel water separator filter. FASS has now discontinued this fuel filter and created a national back-order. KLM Performance is now forced to ship you an alternative diesel fuel filter to meet your diesel fuel filtration needs. The FASS FS-1001 will now be delivered as a Fleetguard FS1001 diesel fuel water separator filter. This Fleetguard fuel filter provides superior fuel filtration than the now-discontinued FASS FS-1001 diesel fuel filter.
KLM recommends the following service tips for this XWS-1002 Water Separator Filter:
- Regularly replacement of this water separator filter to remove the water contained within this filter is now required.
- Regularly replacement of this FASS Fuel Water Separator XWS-1002 filter will help to prevent freeze-ups in your vehicle fuel system during the winter months.
- Replacement of this filter on a regular basis is required to remove the captured water as a preventative measure to reduce the growth potential of fuel-related bacteria.
The FASS XWS-1002 Extreme Filter must be used in conjunction with the FASS PF-3001XL, the new filters cannot be used in combination with the FF-1003 or FS-1001.
When replacing the discontinued filters with the new XWS-1002 and PF-3001XL, the XWS-1002 will now be placed on the pressure side of the pump and the PF-3001XL will be placed on the suction side.
KLM Performance recommends that you change your FASS Lift Pump filters at a regular interval to promote optimum engine efficiency. It is advisable to purchase these fuel filters in quantities of two filters at a time so that you always have a spare filter on hand.
NOTE: The purchase of a Fleetguard FS1001 fuel separator filter that removes both entrained and emulsified water from your diesel fuel at a 10 Micron level is serviceable, provides a much longer service life and far less costly.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : Any diesel engine with a FASS HD, FASS 150, or FASS Versatile lift pump installed.
- Flow Rate: 95 to 260 GPH Fuel Pumps
- Filter Type: Diesel Fuel Water Separator Filter
- Water Removal: Effective removal of both entrained and emulsified water from your diesel fuel.
- Filtration Level: Two Micron
Item Number: FASS XWS-1002
- Make :
- Model :
- Year: N/A
Manufacturer Part No: FASS XWS-1002
- Product Application: FASS Platinum | FASS HD FASS 150 | FASS Versatile Systems
- Height: 4
- Width : 8
- Brand: Fleetguard
- FAQ: How often should I drain this diesel fuel water separator? The drain interval is no longer possible with this filter so the replacement interval is now much shorter based upon the number of miles driven. Higher miles require you to now replace the filter element instead of just draining the water captured in this filter at a shorter interval.
Part Number: FASS XWS-1002
Manufacturer: FASS Fuel Systems
Product Note : All diesel fuel contains water so KLM Performance recommends you purchase more then one set of replacement filters to keep on hand for the unexpected bad fuel filter change.