Fluidampr 551221 Vicous Engine Damper
The Fluidampr 551221 Sport Compact Viscous Crankshaft Vibration Damper.
Fluidampr 551221 VR6 High Performance Sport Compact Crankshaft Balancer fitment guide:
- VR-6 2.9L V6 12V engine 1994 to 1997 versions.
- VR-6 2.8L V6 24V engine 1991 to 2005 versions.
- VR-6 3.2L V6 24V engine 2003 to 2005 versions.
- VR-6 3.6L V6 24V engine 2005 to 2013 versions.
Volkswagen in these models currently uses the VR6 engine:
- Volkswagen Passat CC
- Volkswagen Phaeton
- Volkswagen Touareg
- Volkswagen Passat NMS
- Volkswagen Golf Mk3
- Volkswagen Golf Mk4
- Volkswagen Golf Mk5
- Volkswagen Vento/Volkswagen Jetta Mk3
- Volkswagen Bora/Volkswagen Jetta Mk4
- Volkswagen New Beetle
- Volkswagen Corrado
- Volkswagen Passat (B3, B4, and B6 chassis)
- Volkswagen Sharan
- Volkswagen Transporter/Caravelle/Multivan T4 and T5
- Volkswagen Eos
The VR6 engine is used in these Audi applications:
- Audi A3 Mk2
- Audi TT Mk1 and Mk2
- Audi Q7
The VR6 V6 engine is used in these Porsche applications:
The VR6 V6 engine is used by Mercedes Benz in this application:
- Mercedes-Benz Vito/ V class
Fluidampr 551221 Viscous Crankshaft Damper Benefits:
- Premium viscous style damper.
- Reduced RPM loss during rapid shifting.
- Damper Decreases Gearbox and Clutch noises.
- Upgrade creates a long lasting foundation for durability and performance.
- It provides protection against a broad range of destructive crankshaft torsional vibrations.
- A smoother running engine gains both HP and Torque.
- Reduces parasitic power loss by controlling engine vibrations.
- Better Fuel Efficiency
- A high performance viscous damper will extend the life of the motor.
- Improves Valve timing
- Reduces crankshaft and bearing wear
- No tuning required - just bolt it on
- Safely controls torsional vibrations at all RPM's and power levels.
- Effectively compensates for changes in the rotational mass of built motors.
- Continuously self-tunes in real time to control vibrations at all engine speeds and power levels.
- Prolongs engine life.
- Long lasting viscous silicone damper technology.
- Precision CNC machined
- High-Speed Computer Zero balanced high-grade steel components.
- No tuning or maintenance required.
Fluidampr 551221 Sport Compact VR6 Vibration Damper Specifications:
- Material = Steel
- Coated in a Black Zinc Finish
- Outside Diameter of 5.65."
- The unit weighs 6.1 pounds.
- Internally Balanced Crankshaft Damper
- Damper does not contain a pulley.
- Certified SFI 18.1 Safety Rating
- Pre-drilled M8 x1 .25 on ø2.256 B.C. bolt pattern for aftermarket accessory drives.
- Bore Diameter 1.3788
- Length 1.571."
- Single Piece Construction
Fluidampr 551221 Sport Compact Harmonic Damper Installation Instructions.
The Fluidampr Engine Damper is MADE IN THE USA!