The Fluidampr 870201 6.0L Powerstroke Fluidampr Powerstroke Replacement Harmonic Fluid Damper. This American Made viscous crankshaft damper is designed for use on the Ford 6.0L Powerstroke diesel engines with a single alternator. This performance diesel viscous harmonic damper controls torsional vibrations at all RPM and Power levels.
The Fluidampr 870201 High-Performance Diesel Damper applications:
- 2003 to 2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke motor used in F-250 Super Duty trucks.
- 2003 to 2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke motor used in F-350 Super Duty trucks.
- 2003 to 2006 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke motor used in the Excursion trucks.
- 2003 to 2009 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke engine in the E-Series Vans.
By installing a Fluidampr 870201 viscous damper on your Ford 6.0L Powerstroke, you will:
- Reduce wear on the main bearings and timing gear
- Achieve more accurate valve train operation
- Lower the risk of crank failure.
- Increase the power output of the motor.
Specifications of the Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Fluidampr Performance Diesel Series Damper
- Material = Steel
- Coated in a Black Zinc Finish
- Outside Diameter is 8-7/8."
- The Unit Weighs 21.9 pounds.
- Balance = External
The Fluidampr 870201 6.0L Powerstroke Harmonic Fluid Damper benefits:
- This Viscous Damper never needs to be tuned or rebuilt.
- It will protect your engine from destructive torsional vibrations.
- Only a Viscous Crankshaft Damper Increases both the TORQUE & HORSEPOWER output of your 6.0L Powerstroke.
- Viscous Damper promotes longer engine life.
- 100% Made In the USA!
High performance diesel engines running chips and programmers are exceptionally vulnerable to torsional vibrations. Save your crank & more by installing a new Fluidampr 870201 Harmonic Damper today on your 6.0L Ford Powerstroke. Each time the air/fuel mixture inside a cylinder is ignited, the combustion that occurs creates a torque spike that is applied to the crankshaft through the piston and rod. This torque spike is so severe that it not only turns the crankshaft, it twists the crankshaft ahead of its regular rotation, and then the crankshaft rebounds. This twisting action is known as torsional vibration. When these torque spikes and forces get into phase with the natural frequency, critical torsional harmonic vibrations occur and can be severely destructive to the bearings and the crankshaft.
Fluidampr 870211 Harmonic Dampers are designed to control those destructive vibrations in the 6.0L Powerstroke diesel engine at all engine speeds and power output levels.
NOTE: This Ford Powerstroke Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer is for the 2003 to 2009 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke diesel engine with a Single Alternator.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : 6.0L Powerstroke
- Power Level: Stock to Highly Modified diesel engines
- Item Number: Fluidampr 870201
- Make: Ford
- Model : E-Series | Excursion | F250 | F350
- Year : 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009
- Manufacturer Part No: 870201
Product Application: 2003 to 2009 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Engines used in the Ford E-Series Van, Excursion, and the F-250 and F-350 trucks.
- Height: 8
- Width: 16
- Brand: Fluidampr
- FAQ: Do I really need to change the crankshaft damper on my 6.0L Powerstroke diesel engine? The harmonic damper is considered a wear item and needs to be replaced over time. If you have changed the power level of your 6.0L diesel engine, we strongly recommend the installation of a Fluidampr performance diesel damper on your engine, as the OEM damper was designed for stock power levels only. Why should I purchase a fluidampr viscous damper for my engine? The Viscous Performance Diesel Damper for 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Engine provides control of the destructive torsional vibration on a stock or modified engine. The torsional vibrations present a higher risk for damage, so a viscous damper is an absolute must on these motors. Only a Fluidamper viscous damper protects the engine from destructive crankshaft torsional vibration.
- Part Number: 870201
- Manufacturer : Fluidampr
- Product Note: IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!