Cummins 4965497 Cummins Diesel Block Heater Element For 2007 To Current Model Engines
This OEM Cummins part is a direct replacement immersion heater and power cord for the block coolant heater element on the following Cummins diesel engine series motors. In 2007 Cummins changed the mounting style of this block heater from a two-bolt mounting configuration to a single mounting bolt. Please note this Cummins Block Heater Kit will not work on the 2001 to 2006 models of this engine series. Please use this link for the Cummins SP1165 Signature 600, ISX, QSX Series Diesel Heater Kit.
Cummins 4965497 1500 Watt 120 Volt Engine Block Heater Element Fitment:
- Cummins Signature 600 Series Diesel Engines
- Cummins ISX Series Diesel Engines
- Cummins QSX Series Diesel Engines
Cummins 4965497 Block Heater Specifications:
- 1500 Watt Heater Element
- One Heater Element Gasket.
Cummins 4965497 Series Diesel Heater Kit Benefits:
- Eliminates cold start engine damage.
- Simple straightforward installation
- The reliable and efficient way to pre-heat your engine.
- Keeps engine warm in cold temperature climates
What does a Block Heater or Coolant Heater do?
The heater element is an electric heating element used to warm the coolant fluid contained within the block of the engine.
The warm coolant raises the engine block temperature to aid the ability of the engine to start in extremely cold temperatures. The use of this immersion heater will also warm up the vehicle faster. then it normally would in extremely cold weather. This Cummins electric heating element is installed directly into the cylinder block through a freeze plug on the block. This emersion coolant heater is the same as a Block heater which is used to heat the engine's coolant. They are an immersion-style heater that replaces one of the frost plugs the manufacturer installed in your engine block. When you plug in the heater, it heats the antifreeze in the block, which then heats the block and everything attached to it. The coolant warmer is connected through a power cord often routed through the vehicle's grille. This Cummins 4965497 replacement Heater Starting Aid Kit is designed for use in 2007 to current model 2019 Cummins Signature 600, Cummins ISX, and Cummins QSX Series diesel engines.
What are the benefits obtained by purchasing an OEM Cummins part?
- Genuine Cummins Parts are backed with a manufacturer's warranty.
- Genuine Cummins Parts provide optimum engine efficiency and peak power levels you need to get the job done.
- OEM Cummins parts provide the exact fit for a straightforward installation reducing your downtime.
- Cummins parts ensure you're up and running for financial protection and peace of mind.
by KLM Performance
- Engine : Signature 600 Cummins | ISX Cummins | QSX Cummins
- Flow Rate :
- Item Number: Cummins 4965497
- Make: Cummins
- Year : 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
- Manufacturer Part No: Cummins 4965497
- Product Application: 2007 to Current model Cummins Signature 600, ISX, QSX Series Cummins diesel.
- Height: 4
- Width : 8
- Brand :
- FAQ: Why do I need a Block Heater? When the temperatures drop your diesel engine's oil and coolant become thick and viscous. Cold engine fluids are more difficult to circulate to the vital areas they are designed to travel. The use of a block heater element warms these fluids to much higher temperatures than the current air temperature. The higher engine fluid temperatures provided by the block warmer make the cold start easier in the morning. Block Heater Elements also helps the engine reach the optimum operating temperature sooner, which improves power and economy. This allows the heater to be more effective and provides proper lubrication to the engine and all its parts.
- Part Number: 4965497
- Manufacturer: Cummins
- Product Note: Cummins Parts Are A Non-Returnable Item. Please make sure you have ordered the correct part for your Cummins diesel engine!